Trails around Cedar City

CliffDweller

I am planning on attending the UROC event in May. I have seen descriptions of trails like Wrecking Yard, Saw Mill, Not Stock, Wild Wild West but I haven't been able to locate any. Can anyone give me directions, GPS coordinates, or a good source for finding trails in the area?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
here is a link for 3-peaks....
http://4wheeldrive.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.4wheeln.com/3peaks/

it would probably be a good idea to look for some of the trails on a topographical map

try www.topozone.com and go to cedar city, then just scroll around the surrounding area and search for the trails.

also...get on the state website or call the BLM office down there. they always have recreation maps printed that they might send you. call the city of cedar city tourism office, they have great resources....

troutbum

cubi-kill
Is there a saw mill near cedar? I though that was near Delta?

Email this guy, he is a scout guy from PBB that lives in cedar

graniteguru@lycos.com

And then post up some coordinates when you get them :D

Last edited:

CliffDweller

Spencurai, thanks for the web address. I already had it printed out but was hoping someone might point out the trails nearby. I found out the hard way on a trip to New Mexico to not rely on topo maps alone. I found great trail descriptions of the area but only after getting there did I find some behind locked gates and others no longer allowed access. Luckily I found a local wheeler to run with that showed me some trails not on the maps.
Troutbum, thanks for the email address. I sent him an email. I will be glad to post GPS coordinates on the board when I return.
Attila, I will see if I can locate a phone number for Auto Trim and give Dave a call.

Thanks,

Ray

terrymac

Originally posted by CliffDweller

Troutbum, thanks for the email address. I sent him an email. I will be glad to post GPS coordinates on the board when I return.
Attila, I will see if I can locate a phone number for Auto Trim and give Dave a call.

Thanks,

Ray

Any luck finding coordinates for Cedar trails? I'll be heading down with my brother-in-laws to watch the event and we'd like to do some trails while we're there.

CliffDweller

An automobile accident has caused me to cancel my trip so I quit looking for trails. All the leads I followed didn't pan out so I had decided to just talk to fellow Jeepers when I was in Cedar City and maybe find some information on the event hosted by the Color County 4 Wheelers (if the event still exists).

Ray