Trails in Heber Valley area?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Well, "Barbie" and I have been here for a while, but we don't know of any good trails... and I just brought my buggy up this weekend from my parents place in Price. Any insiders wanna give us some tips for some good scenic and/or good high rated trails?

Better yet, anybody want to make a trip up here and come wheelin? Or do I have to drive over to the other side of the mountain? :p

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Might want to try hooking up with some of the Park City Packrats. If there's trails in them thar hills, they'd know em.

Herzog said:
Well, "Barbie" and I have been here for a while, but we don't know of any good trails... and I just brought my buggy up this weekend from my parents place in Price. Any insiders wanna give us some tips for some good scenic and/or good high rated trails?

Better yet, anybody want to make a trip up here and come wheelin? Or do I have to drive over to the other side of the mountain? :p

Meat_

Banned
Supergper said:
American Fork Canyon comes out in Midway...might be some stuff up that way...

Coming from that side I haven't seen anything more than dirt road until you get over to Mineral Basin.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
hmmm......any trails back by mini Switzerland aka Midway? Not to go too far off topic but has anyone ever been to Midway??

I swear that once you hit that town you seriously feel like your in Switzerland. Kinda weird :eek: .....but :ugh: .....anyways :eek: ...trails :) ...yes :D ...good :D ....more feedback please!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
BCGPER said:
Might want to try hooking up with some of the Park City Packrats. If there's trails in them thar hills, they'd know em.

I think the pack rats are defunct. There is a spot I know of that I have wanted to explore for several summers, very close to "Switzerland". It goes to the top of the ridge, pretty neat.

EZ

Meat_

Banned
Barbie said:
hmmm......any trails back by mini Switzerland aka Midway? Not to go too far off topic but has anyone ever been to Midway??

I swear that once you hit that town you seriously feel like your in Switzerland. Kinda weird :eek: .....but :ugh: .....anyways :eek: ...trails :) ...yes :D ...good :D ....more feedback please!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes. And although I've never been to Switzerland.... I imagine it's a lot like Midway :)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I used to date a hot little number that lived in Midway. We used to go up and stay in my buddies house in Heber (his dad owned a house and nobody lived in it so we squated ;) ) almost every weekend for like 3 or 4 months. We had a blast. At any rate, Swiss days in Midway is a good time, and there are some cool hot springs you can go swim in and such near by. As for trials, hell if I know, but if you find them you know I'll come up there and go wheelin with ya.

Cody

R

rockdog

Herzog said:

No trails that will even challange your buggy that are legal. :-\ Lived in AF most of my life. Spent tons of time in the canyons east of there.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
rockdog said:
No trails that will even challange your buggy that are legal. :-\ Lived in AF most of my life. Spent tons of time in the canyons east of there.

I don't need challenging trails to just get out and have fun though. :) I will definately be doing some exploring soon just to see what is out there.

Meat_

Banned
Herzog said:
I don't need challenging trails to just get out and have fun though. :) I will definately be doing some exploring soon just to see what is out there.

Have you been in AF canyon at all? There are some awesome roads in there.

andy d

come on, give me a hug.
head up into the uintas. there are plenty of scenic trails and logging roads up there. i found a neat place up by woodland (i think), takes you up on top and you can see the mirror lake highway. fun trail, lots of mud and snow during the deer hunt last year, lots of atv's.

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
Head up the Mirror Lake Highway and take the road up to Norway Flats its a nice scenic ride with a fun surprise at the top. ;)

Of course it may be a couple of months before you can get to the top.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I lived in Heber for two years before i got married an moved to Orem. I still work in Heber. Everyone pretty much said every trail around here. If you go up the canyon from midway like everyone said you can go over to AF canyon, but half way up the road splits you can ether go left and go to AF canyon or go right and it heads up to almost the top, then the road it cut out of the cliff then just stops at a drop off don't know if the road kept going on teh other side and you have to back back out. this road is a little bit harder then the road to AF canyon. Also there is a road that goes from midway to Park City behind the mountains. Also i heard there is a trail that goes all the way over to SLC from Midway. If you go up Center Creek you can go all the way over to Strawberry or the Uintas or a little bit farther passed Strawberry.

What are you doing in Heber?

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
the road from midway/park city going over to slc is called guardsman pass... it comes out just before Brighton ski resort... probably will not be open until mid to late may.... not much on that road to explore with a buggy...

I agree with the guys on the mirror lake highway... but thats closed until June most times...