tranny shops in Provo/Orem Area

JaredMD

anyone klnow of some HONEST tranny repair shops in the Provo area? My trans in my WJ is slipping and I noticed the end of the TV cable is broken.

thanks

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I had Action Transmission do my trucks trans when it died.

Action Transmissions
Address: 430 W 300 S, Provo, UT 84601
Phone: (801) 374-9580

They seemed pretty good.

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
Lamars Transmissions, 1292 W. 635 S. Orem, 687-6390
Great service, honest, and fair, plus he's an old hot rodder that knows how to build em bullet proof! Little hole in the wall shop, but great work.

SemperFied

Banned
I know of the perfect transmission shop in Orem

I've forgotten the name of the place, BUT it should be easy enough to put together. His transmission shop is in one of those automotive strip mall set- ups. Out front there is a car stereo place called "Kartunz" or Car-tunes, or something like that. It's on State street in Orem I think. DO NOT GO INTO CAR TUNES THOUGH, crap stuff, and service. his shop works on all transmissions, it's at the back. There's even a 4x4 shop in that mall.

Anyway, I took my 2003 Jaguar XKR in there about a year ago. I was told by the dealership it needed a new drive line. They are apparently special with a buffer system. Well, I walked over to his shop while I was waiting for my turn to be scruud by car tunes guy, and told him about my drive line problem that just started. I told him what I was being quoted $1800!! This guy told me to let him look at it. I had my wife pick me up. about 3 hours later I get a call from the tranny/driveline guy telling me the car was done. He said it is good as new. Even better than new.

He took that driveline, and installed new ujoints off of a taurus that fit perfectly (Ford did buy jaguar) This guy only charged me for the ujoint install. $49 No ****! It's really ironic I'm posting this, because I'm currently being flamed on the gen discussion board for complaining about another mechanic. But I thought this would help. When you find his shop, tell him the guy in the black XKR referred you so he knows his HONOR paid off.