Transplant

I just moved to Provo due to job relocation. Was previously in Boyd, TX. I am an avid 4-wheeler, and also built/own a Rock Crawling course in Boyd, TX. Last year, and we had the WEROCK Grand Nationals there and had a fair turnout for the first event. I am looking forward to some rides here in UT, since the place I like to wheel most is much closer now. If any of you are local, shoot me an e-mail (I should have my TJ and a Cambell car up here soon).

Marshall D. Gillespie

Soon

The Campbell buggy is still undergiong some tube changes and front axle upgrade, so I am going to go get the Badlands Mooner in a couple of weeks. The only problem with the mooner, it only holds slightly over two gallons of fuel, so I have to carry a spare can with me. When Bryan and I wheel together, I have plenty of fuel in the campbell, so I just transfer it over to the mooner. The TJ will not be finished with it's upgrades until september timeframe. Anyway I slice it, I will have something up here by mid July.

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Marshall, I've seen a lot of your course for WEROCK on video and pictures (I downloaded hundreds from Webshots) and I thought it was absolutely INCREDIBLE! Way to go!

My fellow clubmembers in Las Vegas dream of making a course like that (since the BLM has prohibited all real rockcrawling in the Vegas valley). Was the area naturally canyon-like to start with, or was all of that excavated from flat ground? Is it really expensive to spray that concrete stuff on an area that big?

I already had a sand pit/quary there, so I just did minor dozer work for the bleachers and entires to the pit, and built up the center to match. The cost of the shotcrete was ~45K. We shot ~450 yds. We need to shoot an additional 200 yds to finish up the pit, and I plan to build onto the course on the top side for MC, BMX and Rock Racing. Since I am working in UT for a spell, the course completion is on hold for a time.

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
I already had a sand pit/quary there, so I just did minor dozer work for the bleachers and entires to the pit, and built up the center to match. The cost of the shotcrete was ~45K. We shot ~450 yds. We need to shoot an additional 200 yds to finish up the pit, and I plan to build onto the course on the top side for MC, BMX and Rock Racing. Since I am working in UT for a spell, the course completion is on hold for a time.

Thanks so much for the info! I found a little article online somewhere after I posted that mentioned it being a quary. I'm sure it will be there when you get back to it. I wish you all the luck in the world in that endeavor.

If I get the job I interviewed for in Salt Lake City on Tuesday, I'll be up there pretty soon. Hope to meet you in person on the Utah trails someday soon.

Welcome Marshall! What do you do for a living that brought you up to UT?

I am an engineer with Applied Materials Inc. I am supporting the Yield Enhancement Group at IMFT in Lehi, UT. I have worked from my home the last 7 years, and they dissolved my group causing me to join this one, or loose my retirement benefits.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I am an engineer with Applied Materials Inc. I am supporting the Yield Enhancement Group at IMFT in Lehi, UT. I have worked from my home the last 7 years, and they dissolved my group causing me to join this one, or loose my retirement benefits.

Wow, that would have to be a rough move. I hope it works out well for you & you enjoy Utah. It's a great place.