Trayvon vs Zimmerman. Where do you stand?

Where do you stand on Trayvon vs Zimmerman

• Zimmerman is a complete racist and shot Trayvon because he was black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zimmerman shot Trayvon in pure self-defense

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Both parties made bad mistakes and the law should sort it out

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • I have no idea what this story is

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters

Cherokeester

I was just curious where you guys stand on this case. Vote and feel free to discuss but keep it civil. I want some new perspective on this time bomb of a situation.

Last edited:

CJ Matt

I think the media rushed to judgment before the facts were known (we still don't know all of them) and manipulated what they had. Knowing what has come out I do not think Zimmerman is a racist. I do not however agree will neighborhood watch caring a gun, licensed or not. They should only be there to call police, not to be police. He also should have stopped following when directed to (he may have).

I do not think the Stand Your Ground Law applies and if it does it may apply more to Trayvon IMHO. I say this because Zimmerman was in pursuit and if he had not been this would not have happened. Also, who is to say that confronting someone that is following you is Standing Your Ground? Did Trayvon just go on the attack or did he feel threatened?

Let the court figure it all out.

Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
We can't trust the media to provide any real facts, but from my little bit of reading I say justice has already been done.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Well, regardless of what actually happened Zimmerman could have likely walked away at any time instead of shooting a minor. Or as mentioned, held him at gunpoint until the real police showed up. I hope he does get at least 20 years in prison, if he makes it that long anyway.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
4000 black children are killed every year... usually by other black children. Do you really think you'll know that the guy on top of you who broke your nose and is bashing your head into the ground is months shy of being a legal adult? If you were white_ZJ you might see it differently.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon" - BHO

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I think the media rushed to judgment before the facts were known (we still don't know all of them) and manipulated what they had. Knowing what has come out I do not think Zimmerman is a racist. I do not however agree will neighborhood watch caring a gun, licensed or not. They should only be there to call police, not to be police. He also should have stopped following when directed to (he may have).

I do not think the Stand Your Ground Law applies and if it does it may apply more to Trayvon IMHO. I say this because Zimmerman was in pursuit and if he had not been this would not have happened. Also, who is to say that confronting someone that is following you is Standing Your Ground? Did Trayvon just go on the attack or did he feel threatened?

Let the court figure it all out.

The facts of the case according to his testimony and his 911 call doesn't point to him pursuing Trayvon... even in his call he said "I lost sight of him" as he was walking back to his truck. According to his account Trayvon confronted him at that point "you got a problem?" was what Trayvon allegedly said.

There's every chance that Trayvon acted like a thug... probably a better chance than claims he was "hunted down like a dog".

Last edited:

Jesser04

The facts of the case according to his testimony and his 911 call doesn't point to him pursuing Trayvon... even in his call he said "I lost sight of him" as he was walking back to his truck. According to his account Trayvon confronted him at that point "you got a problem?" was what Trayvon allegedly said.

There's every chance that Trayvon acted like a thug... probably a better chance than claims he was "hunted down like a dog".
Amen brutha.

4554x4

always modifing something
This need to be judged in court, not by the media. I hope that calmer heads prevail thru all of this. We dont need the racial divide widening.

CJ Matt

The affidavit has it different then Zimmerman's account that has been made public.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'm going to defer to the courts

BUT

It is my current opinion, based on what has been released so far to the public, which is not everything, and not conclusive, but it would appear that Mr. Zimmerman escalated the situation by pursuing Trayvon Martin, which resulted in a shooting. That he has been charged on the merits (at least partly) says that there is sufficient reason to warrant that opinion legally. So I guess we'll see. I think he should have called it in, and watched, and not gotten in the truck to go after him.

Again, that's a current opinion, not a belief I'm going to get super-defensive about, just armchair musings. :D Very interested to see how it plays out though. If a dumbass gets into some biznass with a thug, who's wrong? heh

MOODY

Bald Guy
Agreed Tacoma. The second Zimmerman left the car, he became the aggressor. I predict he will be found guilty on just that premise.

Sad story either way...a kid is dead (whether he was a 'thug' or not is beside the point).