TRE Air Lockers

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
... not worth the effort to swap to a totally different axle just to get an air locker.

In my opinion, it's easier to swap out a complete axle than it is to pull one apart, redo all the guts, etc, and put it all back together. But I digress--

Yes, this thread discusses the asked-for opinions about a Chinese ARB knockoff in less-than-enthusiastic terms. You may not like that, but that's what you get when you ask, you get "what people think" about your inquiry.

Ethics, yes-- they matter to some. I, for example, will never buy a Ballistic product for their blatant ripoffs of Summit Machine's products, going back to like '06. Some people are offended by that kind of dismissive appropriation of others' work and innovation. For some it may be a financial issue. For some it may be the idea of sticking it to Big Offroading. I don't make those choices for other people :D

Back to the point, when I said "you get what you pay for with Chinese bullsh*t"-- I mean "metallurgical certification doesn't come cheap", and neither goes quality manufacturing. So, you decide if the cheap price is something you can afford or not. Personally, and I am cheap-ass!!, sh*tty quality costs so much more than it's ever worth. So I don't skimp any more on things that count. I KNOW, from experience, that Chicom steel may or may not be what it claims, and that lack of trust is not worth saving a couple bucks here and there.

So, anyway. Not a slam, but I will suggest that when you ask for opinions, don't be mad when you get them. :D And perhaps consider the ones offered without dismissing them as... I don't know, not agreeable enough or something.

Miss you, boo. LOLZ