Tread Lightly training

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
It appears the schedule at the next Training Day is full, are there any Tread Lightly teachers interested in providing a course any time soon? I don't expect I'm going to learn anything catastrophically new, but there's only one way to find out, right? And in truth, I'd be interested in eventually becoming trainer certified myself and I don't see a better way to get started.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Put a group together and I would be more than happy to offer the Tread Trainer class. In fact if you can get 6+ people interested in becoming trainers I'm sure we can get something scheduled wig TL.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
That'd be great, Kurt. Do you have a maximum class size?

eta - What sort of venue would you need?

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
That'd be great, Kurt. Do you have a maximum class size?

eta - What sort of venue would you need?

6-25 is the optimal size. Anything with a screen/projector is optimal but it can be done sans computer too. I've done classes around the campfire or in a classroom.

sixstringsteve

Put a group together and I would be more than happy to offer the Tread Trainer class. In fact if you can get 6+ people interested in becoming trainers I'm sure we can get something scheduled wig TL.

I'm in. I've been trying to become a tread trainer for 2 years now. I've submitted 3 request through the tread lightly website, but I've only received one response, from a trainer who was too busy. I'd love to become a tread trainer and eventually a master trainer.

If needed, I'm happy to volunteer my house for the class. i have a projector and room for 10 or so people.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I'd be interested in the course. I have nothing to offer as far as a venue or projector/screen, but I can bring snacks.;)

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
committed

Yes, I am interested and would be available to do this...

Questions:

1. What does this cover and what materials would the attendee need afterward if they wanted to do a TL course for a group?
  2. Are all tread lightly categories covered or just 4 wheeling, or is it just the method that is taught so it can be applied for all catagories?
  3. ~How long does the course last?

I can offer a classroom environment with a campfire in my driveway.... probably room for 20 spots max. Although I would use any excuse to go to miller. :D

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The Tread Awareness class is free 1-3 hours and you leave enlightened... To become a Trainer, you have to take an 8 hour class that does have a fee (~$50) to cover materials. What type of class are you guys lookig for?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Personally, I'm only interested in the tread trainer class.

Gotcha, that will have to be arranged through TL and they will want 6-12 committed on a single entire day. Sounds like there might be enough here that would be willing to spend a say and done money to get trained. Tacoma and Curt Hall are master trainers and might be willing to do a class for you guys.