Trent's non samurai samurai buggy

ghetto

uploadfromtaptalk1441033040385.jpg
So I keep saying that I am going to update this thread step by step but it hasn't happened yet. So until I do here is a couple teaser pics. We took it out the past couple weekends for some shakedown runs. So far it has done really well. Our biggest grief with the build has been the motor. We finally got the bugs worked out and it seems like it is going to be all worth it. We took it to Billings in Grand Junction and ran that twice and then went to penrose and ran Independence a couple times. The photos are on Independence. uploadfromtaptalk1441033472617.jpg Now his buggy is mostly finished except for panels, lights, and some dash. He took it to his house to get some seat time and I am going back to work on my 4runner for a couple months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ghetto

Here are some wheeling pics from the other day. We have it pretty much finished. We have a rear light bar and some stuff like that, but it looks like a rig now.uploadfromtaptalk1458014278261.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458014290760.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458014398745.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458014427510.jpg

Coco

So sexy!! Turned out amazing!! Well done guys! Hope I can see it in person soon! Is he going to do Old School?

ghetto

Decent! Don't know how i missed this thread.

Outstanding work fellas. Nice clean and quick build.:thumbs:
Thanks. We still have a couple bugs to work out. The transmission adapter has been a source of frustration. It crawls great and goes fast nice. I am sold on the ORI struts. I like them so much I sold my coilovers and ordered a set for my 4runner. I think we will have to drop the tranny one more time, but I think we know what's up now.

ghetto

We finally got the tranny adapter fixed. There was a bolt that was broke off in the back of the crank that we thought we could get away without pulling but we were wrong. We dropped the tranny and spent about 3 hours getting the bolt out. We managed to save the threads and put it all back together. We took it to EJS with my 4runner. The buggy ran great. We climbed the waterfall on Upper, Britney Spears, and Smashing Pumpkins.

uploadfromtaptalk1459307010898.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459307019015.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459307048615.jpg

Watch "Upper Hellderado Waterfall" on YouTube-

[video=youtube;JNEYDEMVfoU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNEYDEMVfoU[/video]