Trep Radials for daily driver?

Toad

I have been working on my wifes TJ for the last month. Installed 4" Tera LCG. G2 Dana 44 and stock 30 with 4.56 and ARBs F&R. Fab Fours bumpers and sliders. Installed a set of 33 inch Duratracs. I tried to keep it low since she likes to use it for a daily driver with car seats. The Sequoia is not nearly as fun to drive. Last week I bring it home. It is still on the trailer and the first thing she says is it needs 35s.

So I will be in the market for a set of 35s in the future. I am running 15 inch wheels. I have no experience with Treps or anything Maxxis for that matter. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Rock Taco

I have been working on my wifes TJ for the last month. Installed 4" Tera LCG. G2 Dana 44 and stock 30 with 4.56 and ARBs F&R. Fab Fours bumpers and sliders. Installed a set of 33 inch Duratracs. I tried to keep it low since she likes to use it for a daily driver with car seats. The Sequoia is not nearly as fun to drive. Last week I bring it home. It is still on the trailer and the first thing she says is it needs 35s.

So I will be in the market for a set of 35s in the future. I am running 15 inch wheels. I have no experience with Treps or anything Maxxis for that matter. Any thoughts?

Mesha daily drove radial treps on his JK. Maybe he can chime in.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
We had treps on a jk for a year, no complaints, seem to wear well, I would rock them again

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Treps rock, I'm not sure if the ones I had were a different compound or not but they wore out really fast on the road and I didn't put a lot of miles on them. Expensive tire to burn on the road.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I love my treps. I had them in 37s on my JK for 10s of thousands of miles and ran them in 37s on my TJ and currently run them on my newer JK in 37s. I love them.

desert dog

My daughter ran the 35" radial Trepadors on her TJ for a couple years. Before that, the jeep ran MTRs and KM2s. The Jeep currently has 37" Nitto Trail grapplers on it, and my JK has 40" Trail Grapplers on it.

IMHO, the radial Trepadors are the WORST tire we have ever ran in the rocks. The tread pattern and compound just does not perform well in the rocks compared to similar sized radial MT tires. All 4 tires also didn't balance well and were very small in size. In case you are wondering, the Nitto Trail Grappler is the best radial MT tire I have ever used for western-style wheeling.

This isn't a knock on Maxxis, I run 42" sticky treps on my rock buggy and love them, but the radial treps are a completely different tire that have absolutely no resemblance to the bias trepadors. You can in no way compare the two.