Trepador toughness?

CSR

Ok, so I'm wanting to use 40 inch sticky treps for the next go-fast build. I've been to a few ultra 4 races and noticed a ton of blowouts with other brands of tire, but I don't recall ever seeing a single Trep blowout. I acknowledge that there are significantly fewer Treps on comp speed rigs than other brands, and therefore a lesser likelihood of seeing a flattened one. But even so, what have you guys seen? Any Trepador failures? Just curious.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
IMO, the Maxxis carcass is very tough... way tougher than most other similar brands. This also means that they're heavier, which isn't good for speed. I think you're on the right track with using Treps with your go-fast build.

CSR

I know they're stinking heavy. I loaded a set of 40 inch Treps on a trailer once and about herniated. But I'll take the strength.

zukijames

the treps are more tough than the creepys and at this point buying new sticky creepys is near impossible .. but they should have a bunch of treps like.. this week

I think the shirleys were running them in the moab dirt riot.. both finished very well but there wasn't much high speed

ive never had mine going over maybe like 40 mph so im not any help but i do love them in the rocks and dont worry about cutting the sidewalls.

EB101

I have a set if 37s for sale... I've had mine up to about 95...

Up to 95.. that's not really a fair comparison. Robby it could be a lumpy old, cord showing, spare and I have no doubt you'd at least try to run it at 95. It makes me wonder if the turns was a side effect of not enough air pressure for the the high speed stuff. Having run Maxxis (not treps) for several years I have to agree, nearly indistructable.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
They just have a strange feel, very noticeable when you are doing tight turns through trees going fast, the front tires want to slide, Possibly due to the chevron pattern and the huge lugs?leaving it in 4wd helps, but they are still strange compared to other tires I've used, I really liked the old style mtrs I had for this type of driving, i would like to try a set of the new style mtrs they look promising.

CSR

I've watched the Shirley's, Jesse Haines, and Rusty Bray, and I haven't seen them blow any Treps. Those guys seem to place pretty well in the races they compete in.

zukijames

shirleys did good yesterday.. robby i love the old style mtr's but worry about the side walls .. even the the new ones had a hard time at koh this year. treps are definatly tough..

bart did you ever have your DOT treps (the ones you sold to steve ) at speed off road. i bet they would handle better