Trip Report: Hole in the Rock March 22-25 2012

cackalak

I think I will get the sliders and hold off on the lift, then. I can crank the front torsion bars even more (currently at 1" lift over stock). I've got a hitch in the back that would help protect the bumper, or I may take off the cover and go commando like this guy:

100NRB_zpsa246e15d.jpg

I usually don't do these type of trails, unfortunately. Most of my outings lately are mild dirt roads for family or scout trips. My LC sees maybe 5k miles per year, so hard to justify throwing $3k+ at it for mods right now, if I don't need to. She does great on 99.9% of trips, as-is.

sixstringsteve

I usually don't do these type of trails, unfortunately. Most of my outings lately are mild dirt roads for family or scout trips. My LC sees maybe 5k miles per year, so hard to justify throwing $3k+ at it for mods right now, if I don't need to. She does great on 99.9% of trips, as-is.

I think that's a great plan. I'm a big fan of the 100 series landcruiser. When are you going? Are you going with a group? I've got a few recommended hikes if you're into that.

cackalak

No date set, but March, or possibly April, depending on weather. Most going will be ATVers.

Any suggestions for hikes would be great. Thanks.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Man what a fun trip, I just hope I have a rig if this trip happens again this year. Was such a blast, I would like to do it again a little slower and do some more exploring on foot.

Maybe if the 4runner is sold I can ride shotgun with Brian ;)

I'll be missing out on this one this year thanks to being in Korea.