TRIP REPORT - Noob Run 3-12-11

sixstringsteve

Wow, what a success. I was expecting this to be one of my least favorite runs, but it turned out to be one of my favorites. We definitely have to do this again.

The trail was perfect. I had 2 or 3 muddy spots going up, but the rest was really dry. And it wasn't as cold as expected either.

Total count of rigs was between 50-60. a HUGE turnout, and a VERY respectful group. I've gotta say a HUGE thank you to everyone. I don't know how we had 50+ rigs all over the trails and we still kept it flowing, but thank you everyone for keepin it moving on the trail, even if that meant you had a little less time to do the hard obstacles you wanted to do.

you know, with that many rigs, you're bound to find an idiot who drinks on the trail, or goes off the trail, but I am really impressed. I think this run was a good way to promote 4x4 in a positive light.

I took a little bit of video. I'll see if I can get it posted up here.

Feel free to post your pictures here.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I think the best part was getting to know everybody. I have met a lot of you online, but not face-to-face, and that was nice to put faces to names. Everyone was really courteous and respectful, and I think everyone who went knows what a good time it was.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Rattlesnake newbie night run 3-11-11 (pics inside)

My digital camera died for some reason, so I was at the mercy of my phone for pictures. All I could do was walk around and try to get photos of all the rigs while we were waiting at Chevron. I know there were some there I didn't get. Still, here's what I have:

chevron1.jpg

chevron2.jpg

chevron3.jpg

chevron4.jpg

chevron5.jpg

Anybody else have photos?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
thanks for the pics turbo

No problem. I was planning to take more, but the cell phone isn't fond of night time photography. Oh, well.

Thanks for moving my post into this thread.

BTW: I had a fantastic time. The sheer size of the group was amazing, and everything went very smoothly. I look forward to our next outing (even if it isn't on the same scale as this one).

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
That's an awesome turn-out and it sounds like it went surprisingly smooth which is awesome. Can't wait to see some more pics, including the ones Turbo put on that I can't see from the gov. computer I spend my life on.

Coco

Had a blast last night!! Thanks steve for putting it on! And it was really good to put faces to names. I met several I knew online, but had never met face to face. Great bunch of ppl!

nrspence

Yes, a great time had by all. I met a lot of first timers, and people who were new to Utah who had a great time.
Rick, it is really easy to get turned around up there in the dark.
Nate

Clayne_b

I had alot of fun last night!! thanx Steve for puting it together!! I counted 54 rigs!!! Did anyone else find the BIG hole when you went up the right side of the mine tailings? You know, where Steve was directing traffic left or right.... I did and so did my buddy behind me, both our steering wheels went from 9-3 o'clock to 12-6 o'clock! ha ha oh well all in good fun!

I think we need to get another run planned ASAP!!!

I was seriously slacking off in the picture taking department, here is the only one i took with my phone

fc9d895f.jpg

Last edited:

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
I also had a lot of fun even though I got body damage before I even got to the parking area! Ill definitely be on the next run when you do this again!

Manlaan

Regretfully, not many pics. The best I could really do was the line of trucks coming up the road.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 40

THSDragoon

I have a new Trooper :D
i also got a few pics that i will be posting up, but not now cause they are not sized right, and i dont have them with me, but i will be posting them NO LATER than monday. by the way, it was a friggin awsome trip.

Will

BSalty

I had a blast! Thanks for everyones help and teaching the rookie. I got left behind on the top of the tailings coming down and ended up on the wrong trail and had to go back up to find where I missed the turnoff. My pass. took some pictures but he hasn't emailed them to me yet. I will get them posted when I get them.

BTW I was the guy with the trailblazer.