TRIP REPORT - Noob Run 3-12-11

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Well I left the link since that seems to work ok lol. Until someone can help me figure out why the video wont show in a window.

Awz

Om Nom Nom Nom smack
Hey all. Thanks for the run, that was one of the best wheeling trips I think I've had. Got pulled over by one of the sheriffs just after fairfield. He said I kept going over the white line on the right, but the people behind me said I wasn't HMMM!! Anyway, can't wait for the next run :D

Mike

Cascadia

Undecided
despite your experience, 22r's aren't typically slow. Just when they have 4.10s and 37s.

I was leading the pack, and I have a 1.6L suzuki engine with stock gears and 33's. Not quite as bad as angelo, but almost :D
Ha. I was going to say Steve was probably leading the way with his 1.6 but I didn't want to be too much of a rig racist. I know angelo was slow cause of the tires and gears.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...That would be a fun day/night. I can plan a noob run just fine, but Kurt is the master of overnighters via backroads. I'm sure he doesn't have anything better do to than plan yet another run :D

I'd be more than happy to help plan an overnighter for a group. I'd still like to chat some more about an organized newbie day class. I know you need to unwind from this last run but lets chat about it at some point.

capt scotty

Thanks Steve

Thanks a bunch for setting this up Steve. Great turnout. I have not done much nightime wheeling so I had a great time. Definatley try to make future runs. Lots of great folks!!!

01XJ

I'd be more than happy to help plan an overnighter for a group. I'd still like to chat some more about an organized newbie day class. I know you need to unwind from this last run but lets chat about it at some point.
I would love to do a day or a overnight run. Count me in if you plan one.

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Had a great time, We made up to Waynes world and gave it a few good trys but were rejected!! We then headed up to constrictor and made it up to the rock garden at the left turn before Eagles nest, Tim in his jeep was the only one to make it up, It was a great time, I love how the dark changes to view on the trail. The snakes and Hells Revenge my favorite 2 night runs. Thanks again.

Dwayne

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
Had a great time, We made up to Waynes world and gave it a few good trys but were rejected!! We then headed up to constrictor and made it up to the rock garden at the left turn before Eagles nest, Tim in his jeep was the only one to make it up, It was a great time, I love how the dark changes to view on the trail. The snakes and Hells Revenge my favorite 2 night runs. Thanks again.

Dwayne

Radiator Rapids is the name of it. It deserves a sign so everyone that is rejected knows it's name lol.

sixstringsteve

Let's do it. there Is definitely a need, and if we combine training with a fun trip then we'll get a good turn out. I'm not as burnt out as I thought I would be, thanks to All the help of those who showed up on Friday. Let's do it.

DsmRacing

Steve, I'd first like to say thank you for putting on this event. I was absolutely shocked on the turnout. I've done other club gatherings in the past, but were nothing like yours! This was my first offroading trip in the jeep, and I had alot of fun and stressed out at the same time. I definitelty still have a lot to learn and some stuff that I'll be purchasing soon. My neighbor had the stock TJ Rubicon that made the 2nd part and his first time on that trail. I was impressed with his rig and dissapointed with mine. So, I'll be changing that :D

I met a lot of guys, too many to remember names ;) However, I'd like to personally thank the older gentlemen with the full size truck that was behind me!! Sorry for not catching your name, but thanks for all the pointers and keeping an eye on me ;)

Chad

sixstringsteve

Just to be clear, I've never had a turnout like this for any of my trail runs. That wasn't normal (although I wish it were)