Trip Report: The Rubicon Trail Experience September 5th, 2012

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
IMG_0665.JPG

I'm sure you're sick of me saying it, but I absolutely adore Fender. What a great trail companion. (Of course, I'm a dog guy in general... but, still.)

sixstringsteve

Thanks Dempsey, I never get sick of people saying they love my dog. I'm sure some people are sick of seeing pictures of a dog in a trip report thread, but Fender has a few fans on this forum, so I figured I'd post 'em up. He is really learning how to behave, he was an absolute angel on this trip. Here's one more for ya:

IMG_0731.JPG

We shot some "Fender cam" footage. I need a better way to mount the camera on him. It rocks side to side whenever he walks. We'll see how it turns out.

trackhead

Thanks Dempsey, I never get sick of people saying they love my dog. I'm sure some people are sick of seeing pictures of a dog in a trip report thread, but Fender has a few fans on this forum, so I figured I'd post 'em up. He is really learning how to behave, he was an absolute angel on this trip. Here's one more for ya:

IMG_0731.JPG

We shot some "Fender cam" footage. I need a better way to mount the camera on him. It rocks side to side whenever he walks. We'll see how it turns out.

Excellent report, and this is icing on the cake.

4biker

The pictures of that amazing scenery stab like a thousand knives! Wish I could have gone, but it sounds like you may be up for the trip again next year :D

sixstringsteve

Trip report is finally done. Stay tuned for a video in the next few months. My GoPro lens has a big scratch in it, so it won't be the best picture quality, but hopefully it captures the feel of the trail/experience. Thanks for reading, I hope to see you out on the trail soon.

blznnp

as great as the pictures look, im sure that they don't do the real deal even close to enough justice. a lot of the pictures remind me of backpacking in washington. based on all your other trip report videos, im sure this one will be worth the wait. good to see you guys didn't have any failures while on the trail.

Bart

Great write up and thanks for sharing. Sure brought back a lot of memories. It's tough being within 300 yards of Spider Lake and not seeing it. : (
Makes me want to go back real bad. Thanks again.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Awesome report Steve, that trip looks like it was a blast. I hope someday to have a rig reliable enough to make that trek

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I waited on purpose to read this until you were done with the pics - looks like it was an awesome trip. I'll put it on my bucket list for sure!

sixstringsteve

thanks Kevin! This video is going to rock. I've already started piecing footage together. I made sure to take more video footage than pictures. Hopefully it turns out nice.

Last edited: