Trip to Elephant Hill

chans

Been to the Needles District before but never had a vehicle with me that could do Elephant Hill. Tried to take the truck down but unknown forces kept me from finding a trailer and was not going to drive 60mph all the way from Salt Lake so ended up renting a JK from Twisted Jeeps. It was a decent price and well built so it was worth it. Rode like a Cadillac on and off road :)

On to the pics

Found this guy at the rest stop before Moab

Newspaper Rock

Rental Jeep just after the hill

Narrow section

chans

Have to climb up the log and squeeze through the rocks to continue to the end

The exit

Up top

Looking down where the trail goes through

Heading back

Looking down the entrance

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Thanks for sharing. Headed to Moab this afternoon with plans to run this trail tomorrow. I have only been there one other time when I was a kid but was on crutches so I didn't get to see much outside of the wagoneer we were in. I'm sure excited to see it all again.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Cool report. I been on that trail but always wondered what the Joint trail looked like. Now, I wished I had hiked it.
Dont forget the Confluence when ya get down there (nnnnnate) .

chans

Cool report. I been on that trail but always wondered what the Joint trail looked like. Now, I wished I had hiked it.

Especially since it is .6 miles from the 4x4 parking and only those in the campground have to hike 4.6 miles :)

jp008

One of my favorites. We were just down there as well and made this trip. It is on my "let's do it again" list. The ride was beautiful and the hike through the slots was amazing.