Trip to the Hammers

Crinco

Went out to the Hammers with a couple of friends last weekend and met up with a few locals from Pirate4x4, had a great time on Saturday. Sunday turned out a little windy/dusty, so we had to shorten up the trip a bit.
I know we ran Claw, sledge, outer limits, and a couple others. Very little carnage, and much warmer than home, so it was a good trip. Tried to take pictures, only to have the batteries go dead on the camera after the first few, but here is what I got. Enjoy.
CR

Attachments

• S5030026.JPG
    S5030026.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 45
  • S5030028.JPG
    S5030028.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 35
  • S5030033.JPG
    S5030033.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 28
  • S5030035.JPG
    S5030035.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 20
  • S5030039.JPG
    S5030039.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 52
  • S5030040.JPG
    S5030040.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 26
  • S5030042.JPG
    S5030042.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 35
  • S5030043.JPG
    S5030043.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 32

Meat_

Banned
:cool:

You know they made those batteries so that you could carry spares and change out the dead ones for fresh ones.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
No, its one of those high tech cameras that the batteries are only good for like 6 pictures and then they self destruct:eek:

Crinco

I looked high and low, under rocks, buried in sand, but was unable to find any batteries 35 miles from the nearest town. I would have used the Energizer Bunny to jump start my batteries, but the Aliens took him with them when they left. I tried to build a bike that turned a generator but the fanbelt made from palm strands kept breaking(the professor must have had better palm trees on that island he was marooneed on.) And all attemps to collect energy from the sun failed as well. So alass, I have no more Pictures! :(
I will plan to take SPARE batteries next time, but taking pics was not at the top of my list of things to do, as I also took my buggy there to DRIVE it! :D
The camera didn't self destruct, but I don't think it liked that sandstorm much. It took me two hours to clean all the dust out of my truck when I got back.
If the camera had been working I am sure I would have had my friends rollover on video. He and his buggy came out of that ok.
CR

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
Your fatal battery mistakes roots laid at your choice in co-pilots ... my digital was locked and loaded.:rolleyes:

Wow, that double hydro steer is awesome!

Meat_

Banned
I looked high and low, under rocks, buried in sand, but was unable to find any batteries 35 miles from the nearest town. I would have used the Energizer Bunny to jump start my batteries, but the Aliens took him with them when they left. I tried to build a bike that turned a generator but the fanbelt made from palm strands kept breaking(the professor must have had better palm trees on that island he was marooneed on.) And all attemps to collect energy from the sun failed as well. So alass, I have no more Pictures! :(
I will plan to take SPARE batteries next time, but taking pics was not at the top of my list of things to do, as I also took my buggy there to DRIVE it! :D
The camera didn't self destruct, but I don't think it liked that sandstorm much. It took me two hours to clean all the dust out of my truck when I got back.
If the camera had been working I am sure I would have had my friends rollover on video. He and his buggy came out of that ok.
CR

See, your mistake was that you are supposed to look in your POCKET for the extra batteries that you put in your POCKET when you left the last convinence store.

Pictures will be all that you have when you are too old to carry the bag of money to the gas bank to buy your alloted weekly fuel so you can go wheeling.