Triple Treat with new 4 Door JK Stock

Rock Hound!

ROK JNKY
Triple Threat with new 4 Door JK Stock

It has been a couple of years since I last ran Triple Threat starting at Poison. My buddy just bought a new 4 Door JK Rubicon still stock. What do you think, I know he will be using his bumpers, but not sure about hanging up. He's worried about the lack of skid plates. Do you think he would make it through fine? I appriciate any feedback

Last edited:

Bart

I ran it with friend that had stock axles and gearing, but a lift and 37" tires and some armor. He still hit his rockers at times. Be prepared for some rocker damage, cuz there's just not enough break over clearance.

jdub

Scrambler
I made it through without any issues on 35's but 6'' of lift. Scary trail though. It might ruin him for wheeling due to the fact of all of the technical climbs and drops over the duration of the day. My wife said "NEVER AGAIN!" If Poison spider, Golden spike and Goldbar Rim are what you are thinking then yeah you will need some space between those bumpers and rockers. Do Poison Spider and then turn around, The Goldens will have few if any bypasses. It would be tough to turn around and double back after 6 hours of wheeling. Some of the obstacles are harder at the end. This is a very remote trail, you can see Moab city a lot but there are Hundreds of feet of cliffs dividing you from civilization.

Hope this helps.

We did it in October and ran out of light. We started it at 9a.m. and finished at 8p.m. doing some hairy obstacles blindly because the last two hours were in the dark. I had an epic adventure though!

brikar

Is the jeep bought to get groceries or is it bought to wheel???? If your buddy is afraid of getting a little busted up he should not be thinking about wheeling in the first place. I started wheeling when 31 inch tires where considered "BIG" we went all over in Moab and probably had a lot better time then we do anymore. Start early bring food and water and a few rigs and go have fun!!!

Rock Hound!

ROK JNKY
Poison spider, Golden spike and Goldbar Rim is what I'm thinking...

Yes this is it.

I have run this trail system a couple of times, and so has the friend of mine who bought the new JK. When he ran it in the past it was with his TJ 6" lift, locked and 35's. He sold it :( and will soon have the lift and tires on the JK but not until he gets back from Iraq this year. I think I will tell him to shotgun with me on this trip. I appriciate everybodys input.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
KJ has 32" and open diff. Only damage on our trip was a yahoo in a Ranger that talked sh*t about the ultimate KJ as he passed us on lunch break. We found him later when he asked to borrow my HiLift to raise his roof after he rolled. After a couple of cranks, his passenger door closed and the bleeding from head trauma stropped.

Toad

Now what I know what triple threat is(never heard it called that). Bumpers would get hammered. Rock sliders would get used. But it is well worth it. That is a fun day on the trail. Meet some guys from colorado on there that had been drinking beer and rolled a 4-runner. Also they were in the process of towing another of the trail. Id say one way to find out how a stock rubi would do. It is "trail rated".

Samersen

I was down there 2 weeks ago, and we ran those we had my 06 LJ Rubicon with 3 inch and stock tires, a FJ with 3 inch lift and 33's with Expedition One bumpers and another FJ with 34's no bumpers only damage was the stock bumpers on the FJ had to corner taken off. If your buddy plans on replacing the stock bumpers why not run it its way fun!