Trolley Square Shooting

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Oh sure, I forgot, you'll sic one of your imaginary superheroes on me. Firegirl will roast me or something.

PPPPFFFFFTTTTT WHATEVER!

besides... it's "THERE"S NO TIME!!! I"M GOING IN!!!!" Get it right, Jabroni! :greg:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I hope they're all going to be ok.

The news is reminding me of Reservoir Dogs though: "either the cops got him, or they don't, or he's dead, or he's not". (sic) I'm glad that fawker didnt' get to walk out of there though.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
For those that care, I was at work there (I work at the Brookstone in Trolley). I heard what I thought might be gun fire, then though, "Nah, must just be construction." Then I heard more, looked out in the hall and saw a body on the ground down aways, heard what had to have been a 12 gauge shot. Thats when my employee and I decided to close the gates and run into the back stock room. We called 911 and they told us to stay put. We were stuck in the back for nearly an hour and a half before the police evacuated us to Hard Rock Cafe. We had to stay there for awhile to give statements.
All I can say is that I am damn lucky! Both me an the other employee are OK, she was more rattled than I was. It was a rather scary situation all around though.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Glad to hear your OK Steve... crazy deal all around...

To think I actually turned on the TV tonight just to watch the news... I don't have any "shows" I watch... So I was glad to see some decent coverage. Seems some of you ought to start your own television station... your would obviously make better programming choices ;) I'd like to think they know a thing or two about whats important to air ;), but once again... I don't watch any "shows" religiously... I rank it right along playing video games.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
SRN, glad you're ok.

Stuff like this is why I thought a carry permit would be a great idea. And it is. Ninja skills aren't much good against bullets, so I became a pistol ninja too hahah.

They said they were looking in a 2block area for "motive". I don't think they're going to find it.

Now: how did the nutty guy get a gun? Yeah. We sure need more laws.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
My girlfriend is a dispatcher for the SLC pd and she was giving me first hand info about what was going on so it really pissed me off to hear the news telling stupid storied and then listening to repeated interviews from people that had no idea what was going on...

I missed heros as well... and then when girlfriend got home I missed out on 3 hours of sleep having to calm her down and listen to everything that went on last night....

I can say one thing... Salt Lake County Sheriffs did a great job of helping cover for the SLC pd during this whole thing... they were out there running the calls that were pileing up. now other agencys did help out to but most left after awhile but the sherrifs stayed for along time afterwards!

And hats off to the Davis county fire department that responded to the house that was burning down in slc....

This just all goes to show how close nit we all are here in the valley.

allterrain

AllTerrain
Glad you are OK Steve. Is Brookstone the new job then?
Idiots like this really PI$$ me off. People minding their own business are dead and lives ruined because some 18 yr. old had a bad day... Grrrrrrr

DevinB

I like traffic lights
that whole situation sucks... i've got my concealed weapons permit class this weekend...

What are you talking about? We live in Utah, nothing bad ever happens! The last thing we need is another unresponsible person carrying a gun around. It'll get you in more trouble than help you out. :greg:

Been CCWing every day for five years. It's kinda like a seatbelt: always have it on, hope to never have to use it, but glad to have it when you do. :handlebars:

Devin

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
Glad to hear your OK Steve... crazy deal all around...

To think I actually turned on the TV tonight just to watch the news... I don't have any "shows" I watch... So I was glad to see some decent coverage. Seems some of you ought to start your own television station... your would obviously make better programming choices ;) I'd like to think they know a thing or two about whats important to air ;), but once again... I don't watch any "shows" religiously... I rank it right along playing video games.

decent coverage???? i would like to know where you saw decent coverage. what i saw last night was every news station stumbling to get "THE" story. repeating the same information over and over again. if they had anything to share that would have been ok. but all they where saying was "we really dont know anything at this time"

i would rether have them wait for the info to come in and then peice a good news cast together..... film at 11

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
decent coverage???? i would like to know where you saw decent coverage. what i saw last night was every news station stumbling to get "THE" story. repeating the same information over and over again. if they had anything to share that would have been ok. but all they where saying was "we really dont know anything at this time"

i would rether have them wait for the info to come in and then peice a good news cast together..... film at 11

I guess I have a hard time understanding why watching some fictional television show religiously sparks more interest than some actual news. You can all monday morning quarterback the situation all you want... but the news was pretty much dead on based on the reports this morning... I guess I watched a different channel than you... they were portraying it pretty accuratly. I never heard the news assert there was a second gunman... rather that the police were not taking any chances and put the place on lock down until the searched everything.

When a story is developing, your going to get frantic info from witnesses, your going to get "unconfirmed" info (the news is always quick to point out unconfirmed). Thats life... Get your own TV station so you can control the programming... I'm sure you're station will suceed :rofl:

big%20huge%20fat%20guy%20watching%20tv.bmp

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I guess my friends uncle was shot 4 times with a shotgun--twice in the pelvis, once in the arm and once in the lower back. he was in surger most of last night and they don't think he's going to be able to walk agian. :(

It's senseless. What brings people to that?

One of the guys I work with is the head of maintenance at Trolley and I guess he was about 10 feet from some young girl when she got shot.

Cody