Truck Roll Over No. Of Moab... Lucky to be alive

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
Well I was driving home from Moab today after going to the car show and come across a roll over... Actually the ambulance passed me while I was driving.

Not sure exactly what happened, but they was pulling a trailer with what appeared to be a vintage bronco on it (couldn't tell for sure, it was pretty mashed and I was driving).

My guess to what happened was either he fell asleep at the wheel, OR most likely was a combination of speed and high winds. The winds were blowing my car all over the road, I could only imagine what it was like with a high load like he was pulling.

Look at the pic, the guy is still in the cab of the truck... Must not be stuck too bad, the two cops there didn't seemed too concerned. Got his hat on still :D.

He is lucky to be alive!

Just a reminder to be careful out there.

Attachments

• Moab2008 006a.jpg
    Moab2008 006a.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 179

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
Show was good, i got into town a little late so i didn't get to see all the cars, but anytime i can get to moab is a good day.

Lifelong Jeeper

If you ever get a chance (and if they'll let you) go to All Truck in SLC on 500 W 3400 S. They have at any given moment a dozen or so superduty's in similar condition out in their yard. Pretty scarey.

rondo

rondo
I've stopped to help at a multiple car crash on the way from Moab before. My wife is a RN and i'm an Army certified lifesaver. We saved someone's life that day. FYI, If someone is injured in a vehicle and there's no danger of it being on fire, etc or further injury, leave them there. They could have spinal/neck problems and moving them could kill them.
Just turn off the ignition, check for smoke, etc.
I was rather dissapointed that day in the energy level of the paramedics and cops. It seems like they were being lazy arses. I mean hey, be proactive, people need you jacka$$

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I've stopped to help at a multiple car crash on the way from Moab before. My wife is a RN and i'm an Army certified lifesaver. We saved someone's life that day. FYI, If someone is injured in a vehicle and there's no danger of it being on fire, etc or further injury, leave them there. They could have spinal/neck problems and moving them could kill them.
Just turn off the ignition, check for smoke, etc.
I was rather dissapointed that day in the energy level of the paramedics and cops. It seems like they were being lazy arses. I mean hey, be proactive, people need you jacka$$

Being in a big wreck is one of my worst nightmares. I'm thankful for people like you. :hickey: