Bud Built Front Skid and belly skid
Stubbs Welding Sliders
Tacoma Whip Antenna
Rear diff breather extension
Remove running boards
265/75/16 General Grabber AT2
Cobra 75WX ST cb w/ Wilson 'Little Will' antenna
Atrac Disconnect
Rear elocker (center and rear diff lock using a landcruiser switch)
4.30 gears

Future:
Shrockworks bumper
PIAA 510's
Lightforce 170's
Blue sea fuse block
Lil Skip fuel tank skid
DRL disconnect

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

are these any longer than stock, or just beefier? I may have to build my own set of those.

Also, do your tires stick outside your fender? What size spacer did you use?

Last edited:

ttora4runner

are these any longer than stock, or just beefier? I may have to build my own set of those.

Also, do your tires stick outside your fender? What size spacer did you use?

They are just beefier and the joint is a little different.

Nope, the tires don't stick out past the fender and 1.25" spacer. I ran the same wheel and spacer on my last 4runner. Here is a photo for reference - this was after I installed the spacer.

100_0267.jpg

Last edited:

ttora4runner

Finally, got around to installing the new rear lower links tonight. Install was pretty simple and straight foward.

Old Links, both of which have a slight bend to them.

Passenger side links (old link vs the new link)
PassengerSide.jpg

Driver's side has more of a bend to it (old link vs. a straight stock link)
DriversSide.jpg

Installed
IMG_0017.jpg

ttora4runner

I've always been amazed at how thin and small those lower links were, good choice on the upgrade!

I've been trying to fiqure out since I got the 4runner how the previous owners bent the links. The vehicle showed no signs of ever being off the beaten path when I bought it. I guess the mall parking lots are more extreme than I thought.

ttora4runner

I guess my 4runner didn't like the recent 2000 mile road trip since now I get to have more fun and find where my transmission is leaking from.

EDIT: Was never able to find the leak so I'm assuming it came from the breather.

Last edited:

ttora4runner

Well, my pocket book is a little now as a CBI rear bumper has been ordered with the hinge and latch pre-built into it if I decided to add a tire carrier later on. I'll have the rear bumper before the front most likely.

ttora4runner

I had a nice present waiting for me when I got home from work: CBI rear bumper.

I had it built to accept a tire carrier later on. :D

P1080445_zps1f69b70a.jpg

She'll remain packaged up till the front bumper is ready then they'll both be installed at the same time and yes my 125 lb frame was able to muscle around and pickup a 150 lb bumper. :ugh:

Last edited:

Tenuki

Did you have to add the spacers because of the bigger tires, or was it those different wheels that you put on?

I've got an 02 sport, and I'm about to buy some Toyo AT II's, and I would like to go with the 265/75-16. I don't have a lift - yet - and the guy at discount tire tells me they won't fit, but I think they should, its only an extra inch.