Tube bender Dies

KrazyKarl

Dents are cool right?
Hey, I'm ordering a JD2 tubing bender and have enough saved up for 3 sets of dies. I am curious, from you experiance, which 3 sizes would be the most all around useful? My first projects will be bumpers, sliders, and a cage.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
1.25, 1.5, 1.75.

Unless you have access to one or more of those sizes already, then delete one and add a 1".

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Don't really see why you would need anything other than the 1.5 and 1.75 for cage bumpers and sliders. Any other die would be a waste of money IMO.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I agree on the 1 1/2 & 1 3/4 dies. There have been a few times that I wish I had a 1".

Get the two dies and the get the tubing notcher.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I agree with Carl and Braden, except I'd add 2" for full size rigs. A 1.75" prerunner bumper just doesn't look right on bigger rigs. I still like to use 2" on cages in EB's and cruisers.

KrazyKarl

Dents are cool right?
Well, I ordered the bender. I got a 1.5 die with a 4.5 center radius and the 1.75 die with the 5.5 center radius. Both will bend up to 180. I decided to get a notcher instead of a third die. Now I just have to wait for it to get here in the mail. Thanks for all the input

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Well, I ordered the bender. I got a 1.5 die with a 4.5 center radius and the 1.75 die with the 5.5 center radius. Both will bend up to 180. I decided to get a notcher instead of a third die. Now I just have to wait for it to get here in the mail. Thanks for all the input

Wise...;)