Tubing out the 'Yota

Terrible Paulsy

100% Evil Conservative
HOLY CRAP!!! That happened fast. It looked like the first pic before I left for Moab. Awe Greg *tear*, your little truggy's growing up so fast *sniff sniff*. It's looking really good!!! Now I ORDER you as King of the Brittans to HURRY UP!!! "King of the who?..." :p

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
James K said:
you closet fabber... :rofl:

it looks nice :cool:

Have you checked it for head room? You are a rather tall man and it looks a littl low, but they are pics and what the hell do I know :-\

Yeah, I've checked, double checked & triple checked my headroom. It's not that bad... The B Pillar sits back further than the where the back of the cab used to sit & I have about 5" above my head. Toyota seats sit on the floor, so you sit pretty low.

And.... I do slouch. ;)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
hey, looks great Greg.... i'll have to head down sometime and check it out again.... you owe me anyways ;) j/k......

-Jason

Greg

Admin
Elder SAMI said:
hey, looks great Greg.... i'll have to head down sometime and check it out again.... you owe me anyways ;) j/k......

-Jason

Come on down, you still have my # ?

4x4runner said:
Greg,
looks cool. How tall is the top of the cage from the garage floor? thanks

I'm not exactally sure, probably about 6'6"?? The frame is on jackstands though, so it's a tad taller than it will be once it's all on the ground.

Herzog said:
Greg, I'm sitting here patiently waiting for more pics. Just in case you didn't know. :)

:p

I got the pass, rear all done... now to work on the drivers side. I'll see what I can do about the pics.

Greg

Admin
All right... here's your pics.

I ran out of Gas just before the weekend, so I only made a little progress on the rear 'bedside'. There's a few supports missing on this side, but it's nearly completed.

(Pics kinda suck, sorry.)

RearSide.jpg

RearSide2.jpg

RearSide3.jpg

Greg

Admin
Well, I spent all day working on finishing up the cage work... I wrapped up the main tube work, added a few key gussets, welded everything up, then fogged the cage with 7 cans of Flat Black. :cool:

Pics kinda suck, I may get some better ones tomorrow....

Painted.jpg

Painted2.jpg

Painted3.jpg

Painted4.jpg

Painted5.jpg

Painted6.jpg

Painted7.jpg