Turbo 350vs Muncie 4

Tobyxj

I pull my jeep with Chevy 350 Muncie 4 behind it came across a deal on turbo 350 what's the better of he two for tow. :-\

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
A Muncie 4spd generally refers to a car transmission, but let's assume you are talking about the SM465. Between those two, the 465 is way better by virtue of being a burly 1-ton+ transmission, instead of a marginal, 1/2t automatic.

My. $0.02.

LT.

A Muncie 4spd generally refers to a car transmission, but let's assume you are talking about the SM465. Between those two, the 465 is way better by virtue of being a burly 1-ton+ transmission, instead of a marginal, 1/2t automatic.

My. $0.02.

Tacoma is correct. I have never heard of a Muncie being in a jeep. In fact, I don't think I have ever heard of a Muncie ever being used in conjunction with a transfer case. I could be wrong (often I am).

LT.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
The SM in "SM465" stands for "Saginaw-Muncie", but no one ever says that. :D There actually ARE some car-style 4spds mated to t-cases in early 1/2t trucks-- but I am unsure if they are factory or early conversions.