turbo charged sammy, Help?

bryce

Richard Crainium
Anyone done this yet? I dont want to learn the hard way. I would rather learn from somone who has done it.
It sure does scream.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
They used to make a kit for it, by camden. Pretty lame and bad quality from what I remember. There are some guys on pirate always asking about it. usually it turns out not to be worth it. I mean how many extra ponies can you get out of 1.3. 15-20. Tops out of a motor that puts out 60. Then it would just implode. The guys that are messing with it use 1.6's and there arew quite a few guys taking ques from the import scene of suzuki swifts. search for the swift 1.6 DOHC i belive and you should find some info. I've seen some wicked custom turbo pipes fabbed up in the last couple years.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Time for a transplant!

I heard it best long ago...30% of nothing is just barely more than nothing.-_-

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I always wanted to put a Mazda 13B turbo rotary in mine it would be so easy especially with the devorced t-case, and there would be too many benifits to list :D :D :D, but how this apply's to you I have no Idea :-\

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Theres a couple guys with mazda rotarys in theirs. But the low end sucks on those motors

bryce

Richard Crainium
you would be surprised how much the turbo gave that thing
i would estimate that the acceleration time has been cut in half
there is a bigtime difference going over the hill
used to be third gear 35-45 mph now it is fourth gear 60, more if i wanted
took it easy after the pyro gauge hit 1300
fith gear works great above 55mph I hit 75 before I decided one speeding ticket a month was too much

str8axleguy

that is awesome I never thought of a turbo on mine but it sounds like it worked well. I would be very interested in checking it out and shootin the bull with ya about it, I am in Ogden but get to Logan occasionally would love to check it out. My 86 has 31 boggers on it and is geared but still slow, I have been looking for more out of it but haven't decided which way to go. sounds like a sweet setup though.

bryce

Richard Crainium
well why dont you go to the ogden airport on the fifth of july and come to our 4x4 meeting 7:00 if I dont blow it again I will bring it down

Attachments

• 0614061701a.jpg
    0614061701a.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 17
  • 0623061916.jpg
    0623061916.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 15
  • 0623061957.jpg
    0623061957.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 0623062016.jpg
    0623062016.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 25

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
WJ ZUK said:
no offense but what good is it if it's not reliable? Is it just a toy?

When you do something that almost nobody has ever done before, (Like putting forced induction on a Samurai 1300) you have to learn by trial and error to work the bugs out. Plus I think it is awsome that someone would try something different for a change :) I saw this rig in action today, and I must say I was impressed.

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
str8axleguy said:
that is awesome I never thought of a turbo on mine but it sounds like it worked well. I would be very interested in checking it out and shootin the bull with ya about it, I am in Ogden but get to Logan occasionally would love to check it out. My 86 has 31 boggers on it and is geared but still slow, I have been looking for more out of it but haven't decided which way to go. sounds like a sweet setup though.

Come to the Club meeting and you could c it

V-DAWG

someday
bryce said:
thirty % of 90 is 30
30 + 90 = 120

?.......the math is a little off, but not enough to mention;)

A small increase to a small amount of power is felt much more than a small increase to a large amount of power. I say go for it!

bryce

Richard Crainium
WJ ZUK said:
no offense but what good is it if it's not reliable? Is it just a toy?

well it used to be reliable :mad2:
It is also just a toy and it is such a fun toy that I drive it daily (not because I have to)

bryce

Richard Crainium
V-DAWG said:
?.......the math is a little off, but not enough to mention;)

A small increase to a small amount of power is felt much more than a small increase to a large amount of power. I say go for it!

well fine 117 god I am embarrssed

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
your right at least it would be fun. I have seen some wicked pics though of some custom turbo pipes, they usually use a suburu turbo, what turbo are you using?