Tusk Winch

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Broke out the winch today for the first time since I bought it on Halloween. It's a Tusk 3,500 lb winch with synthetic rope.

I was goofing around in the Teryx4 in the snow on Skyline Drive above Bountiful and buried it up to the frame. This thing is no ATV (1,650 lbs!) and without 10 people pulling there's no way it was coming out without some mechanical assistance. So I reeled out about 35' of the 50' rope and tied it up to a buddy's machine. Pulled for 30 seconds while assisting with the Teryx4's power and broke the rope. Tied a knot in it and pulled for another 30 seconds and the free-spool function stopped working. I think if I hadn't been un-stuck after pulling for about 8' I'd still be up on the mountain. The winch still runs in and out, but it won't free-spool at all.

Anybody know about Tusk's warranty? It appears they are exclusively RMATV products, as their website just links to RMATV. There is no contact info available whatsoever. I'm hoping for a full refund, if possible, and then upgrade to something "more reliable".

Thanks

Rock Taco

On the tusk website it says on the bottom they have a lifetime guarantee. I'm sure that's against manufacture defects. Did you not receive any paperwork with it when you purchased it?