Two Master Brake Cylinders

CSR

OK, I'm working on a build and I have limited space in the pedal area to work with. A master with a booster will be tough to fit, so I was wondering about installing two master cylinders with the pedals right next to each other, effectively forming one pedal. I've seen it done on rigs, but I've never really talked to anyone about thier impressions of the setup. Anyone here with experience with this? Impressions? The rig being stopped is a 4-seat buggy on 42's, probably similar in weight to Herzog's rig. Thanks in advance.

camdawg

Chris I am running 2 master Cylinders on mine with 2 peadle like you mentioned I like it I also have two 3/4 bore master Cylinders i5hey are willwod if you are interested

mombobuggy

I love having seperate front and rear brakes. The only time it freaked me out was at cherry creek running flat out in 2 hi and the guy in front of me stopped suddenly. I hit the rear brake pedal and did a 90 degree turn and ran off into the sagebrush but in four wheel drive its ok. It also came in handy when my front caliper fell apart it did not affect my ability to stop for the rest of the day. also fun for doing smokey burnouts.:)

RockChucker

Seems like that is exactly what Herzog did in his right if i remember right? You outta talk to Casey. Pretty sure he had that setup in his old buggy.

Bart

I ran that same setup on my Willys buggy and loved it. One front and the other rear. Great for cutting brakes also. Sometimes you miss one pedal but I never had a problem stopping.

Chevycrew

Do like the tractors... have 2 pedals, linked with a bar your can flip over with your foot to lock them together. Then for normal use, it is one pedal, but for whatever reason you can still run them seperate.