U4WDA Alert, Tooele County Road Meeting

Don B

formerly rebarguy
Tooele County Road Closures

We need your help

Tooele County is in the process of vacating some public roads. These roads are in the Ophir Mountains and some of these roads provide valuable mountain top access.

Tooele County will be holding a meeting to decide whether or not to formally abandon these roads. We need a large turnout for this meeting to show the County Commissioners that the public does not want them giving away roads that belong to all the citizens of Tooele County.

Meeting Details

Date: September 1st, 2009
Time: 3:00 pm
Address: 47 S. Main Street, Room #210
Tooele, UT 84074

It is particularly important that we have residents of Tooele County at this meeting. Let your elected officials know that you do not support them giving away your roads.

Some of the roads in question are; The Bald Mountain Loop Road, Hartman Gulch Road, Halls Basin Road, South Fork Ophir Canyon Road and Rover Hill Road. If you use these roads, your information on what you use these roads for and any photos you have of people using these roads could be very useful.

Thank you,
Don Black
Land Use Director
Utah 4 Wheel Drive Assoc.

Last edited:

Don B

formerly rebarguy
I've been requested to hold off sending any letters or comments to the Tooele County Commission.

Mike Swensen of USA -ALL has been in contact with the Commission and we want to wait and get some updated information on the situation before we continue

utahmike

Lobbyist \ Consultant
Actually Don, I didn't request people not send in letters or hold off. I just want to make sure people submit comments based on facts not rumors. I would encourage any and all interested to contact the Tooele County commissioners and discuss concerns and if need be submit a letter. We have submitted a letter that the public can view. It may not be the best letter in the world but it's a good start. You can read our letter, action alerts, and view maps on the Take Back Utah website www.takebackutah.org select the Action Center button in the top menu. I know it may be weird to some that we are using the TBU site. But I have the ability to update it. I have to call a guy who is not very responsive to update the USA-ALL site.

Don B

formerly rebarguy
Reminder that the meeting at the Tooele County Commission is tomorrow.

This will be a public meeting. Members of the public are welcome to attend, but it is not a public hearing. You will NOT be able to comment during the meeting.

Please be courteous and respectful. We do not want an angry mob. You can still submit your comments in writing to the county commission.

Go to the website; www.takebackutah.org and look at the Action Center to see Mike Swensen’s letter to the Tooele County Commission.