U4WDA/CCKC Fall Ride 2004

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
DToy said:
Yep, eaxctly. Would you hurry up already? Who cares if your tire is off the wheel? Just move along.

Without you and cody, I would still be trying to get out of that hole. :), I wish I had a better picture of Cody's off road Jacking system. That will definitely go in "the RME's better wheelers guide," aka ideas of how to get out when your are screwed!!! :D :D

DToy

Jinx said:
Without you and cody, I would still be trying to get out of that hole. :), I wish I had a better picture of Cody's off road Jacking system. That will definitely go in "the RME's better wheelers guide," aka ideas of how to get out when your are screwed!!! :D :D

you mean this:

Not real great pics, but the rollbar did make a good jack/winch point.

Attachments

• DSC00662.JPG
    DSC00662.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00665.JPG
    DSC00665.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00669.JPG
    DSC00669.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

DToy

Here's a couple more pics:

Attachments

• DSC00630.JPG
    DSC00630.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00687.JPG
    DSC00687.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00608.JPG
    DSC00608.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00706.JPG
    DSC00706.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 18

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
These look great!!! We need to get together with everyone and compare pics :D

I need to find an easier way to resize my pics. It takes me forever to post any pics.

fourdoorjeep

With windows XP you can right click on a pic icon and chose to resize the pic. It will give you three choice’s, small, medium, and large. You do not have to open the pic to resize it. I do not know if any other windows OP systems can do that but try it. It makes it allot faster.

I think some of the blame should be with our self’s. I was thinking that orange buggy was taking way to long and making the mud deeper and wetter. I did not wont to be a bad guy, so like the rest of you I said nothing. We should have voice our concerns to Scott that there are, "to many rigs and not enough day light". Maybe their should be some ground rules when out with a large group or when a trail gets congested. Three tries then take a strap, do not set and spin you tires and deg up the trail. I saw some other rigs other than the buggies and high dollar stuff take too long and should have taken the strap sooner. Dtoy, it might have been when you where told to hurry up the spotter realized that the day was getting short and he needed to get the trail moving. I was not there when you where told to hurry up, so I am only guessing that their maybe some other reasons.
My thanks go out to Scott and his family and all of the CCKC & U4WDA people that but on a great trail ride. You did good.

DToy

fourdoorjeep said:
Maybe their should be some ground rules when out with a large group or when a trail gets congested. Three tries then take a strap, do not set and spin you tires and deg up the trail.

My thoughts exactly.

fourdoorjeep said:
Dtoy, it might have been when you where told to hurry up the spotter realized that the day was getting short and he needed to get the trail moving. I was not there when you where told to hurry up, so I am only guessing that their maybe some other reasons.

Yep, you're probably right. I was back at my 4Runner for part of the time when Joey was hopelessly trying to get through. He was in there for a good 15 to 20 minutes more when I walked back up. I watched until I saw him getting really stupid. After the second or third time that he almost slid into ijeeporange I started yelling to strap him up and get him out of there. Of course it took another 5 minutes and a broken front shaft before they finally dragged his sorry butt up.

The point of my comments is that if you're concerned about running out of daylight then don't let some A_ _HOLE spend 45 minutes tearing the sh_t out of the trail and then tell me to hurry. I was not the one holding up the show. Other than the muddy crossing I didn't have to be strapped up anything, and I didn't take more than 2 tries to get through any obstacle.

I guess I just need to remember that some people (Joey) have something to prove (was he just trying to prove he was an a_ _? he succeeded :rolleyes: ), and just don't care about anyone else on the trail. Hopefully my comments will help improve some of the trail rides in the future by helping trail leaders focus on giving everyone a fair shot.

jeremy141

I would like to thank Scott for putting on a great trail run, the guy's who stayed behind to get the late people (myself) ,Scotts little girls for the trail company and last but not least Cody for dragging my broken yoat outa there.

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
darwin said:
Yep, russ and i went to play in the mud for a bit and my little engine coudn't take the 6,000 rpm blasts and gave it up.I guess it's time to finish my wagoneer, hopefully i'll be back in business in about three weeks.

Dude! You're not gonna revive the Eagle!

:confused:

Say it ain't so!

:shawn:

Darwin

GREASE MONKEY
Not any time soon, the uni-body is all busted up i'm gonna let it sit for a while and finish my wagoneer maybe 2 weeks and i'll be back in business!

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Neat pics! I want to run that trail soon. Hey does anyone have GPS coordinates of Pinnacle Trail? Or even just the start of the trail?

EZ

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'll run it with you. Lets go, sunday :D :D

EZRhino said:
Neat pics! I want to run that trail soon. Hey does anyone have GPS coordinates of Pinnacle Trail? Or even just the start of the trail?

EZ

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
I apprieciate your confidence in me, but I need a little time to build some new drivelines. Does that trail parallel a graded road up the same canyon, by chance?

EZ

great scott

The trail head branches off the main gravle road that passes pinnacle peak and follows allong side for a while befor turnig south. I have GPS data and will try to post it up latter, not to mention if Im free i'll take any chance to run a trail.