U4WDA December Clean-up and Trail Ride 12/10/11

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Looking forward to this. The "trail" is largely a graded dirt road passable by Camry's. There are some deep ruts that make good posing spots. The road quickly climbs up to 8000' agl so snow may be a definete possibility. This is a very high use area, especially around the mud pits...lots of trash depending on the wind.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Looking forward to this. The "trail" is largely a graded dirt road passable by Camry's. There are some deep ruts that make good posing spots. The road quickly climbs up to 8000' agl so snow may be a definete possibility. This is a very high use area, especially around the mud pits...lots of trash depending on the wind.

Sounds like the perfect place for my rig!

mesha

By endurance we conquer
^ hey! I did all of rattlesnake in the grand vitara. Although, there was some serious rock stacking going on.

Chevycrew

With the east winds at 60+ mph lately, there may not be any trash left up there. But I should be up there to help.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
After the recent storm do we need to be bringing saws for tree removal on the trails?

Good question. It might be a good idea, but I don't know the scope of work and how we are cooperating with the landowner. I know with Forest Service projects that they don't let volunteers handle power tools (at least that used to be deal---maybe they were just singling me out and trying to be nice?).

pELYgroso

'Merica
I'm excited for this! never been up there before! We'll be adding some brats and chips to the hotdog/hot chocolate menu this time! Bring the hunger!