U4WDA Fall Event Follow-up

U4WDA

Utah 4-Wheel Drive Association
Today was the first of several trail clean-up events and it was by all measure a huge success. Just over 70 individuals braved very windy conditions to take responsibility for cleaning one of the areas we all enjoy so much; you are the best part of U4WDA and I was humbled to be there. For those volunteers who are not members, please consider joining, we could use more members like you. Today all of you were on the court where the hard work is done and not in the stands where the stories fly.

On behalf of the entire Board of Directors, I'd like to thank everyone who volunteered and to AllJeep.com for providing hotdogs and hot chocolate for everyone at the event.

J Colasanti
PR & Communications Director

'03_RUBI

I had fun, didn't see a whole lot of trash but I picked up what I saw. Thanks for being patient and helping out the rookie. Looking forward to more events like this!

X1994J

XJ's Bring the Uni-Suck
I had a great time as well! Lots of people picking up trash, met some new faces. Appreciated the hot dogs before we hit the road. All for a good cause. Thanks to all! I took a few vids, guess i'm ok to throw them up here?

[youtube]rYq0dFw4w3w[/youtube]

[youtube]Z-O09s4RFpI[/youtube]

[youtube]eP5Mv0S2ECc[/youtube]

[youtube]j0FMIUsQ39A[/youtube]

[youtube]iEmPtyL952c[/youtube]

[youtube]7dDjl3jKDoo[/youtube]

[youtube]0NohOSw6h1A[/youtube]

[youtube]xXLCuRjw0Jc[/youtube]

Last edited:

Raleigh

OMF Dave
I got a few pics, wish I had gotten some more.

dscn0127.jpg

dscn0126.jpg

dscn0125.jpg

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I had a great time! Lot's of people came up!
I got some vids to upload.
We filled my longbed with trash.
IMG_20111112_153117.jpg

I let my buddy drive most of the time, it was kinda fun riding shotgun.
IMG_20111112_124017.jpg

IMG_20111112_124039.jpg

IMG_20111112_124048.jpg

IMG_20111112_125736.jpg

IMG_20111112_130015.jpg

Marc stripped the splines off the end a stub shaft, we did a sweet trail fix with hose clamps that actually worked pretty well!
IMG_20111112_132445.jpg

'03_RUBI

I am going to have to do something about that pissed off stock power steering eventually, and the red paint on my tie rods is from my $25 Pick-n-Pull steering upgrade. Definitely learned a LOT my first time out.

X1994J

XJ's Bring the Uni-Suck
I got a few of the TrailBlazer on waynes world...

[youtube]oXxlWSQ5ELk[/youtube]

[youtube]m59yh4JfI7Q[/youtube]

[youtube]WXrGJZTf-AM[/youtube]

mesha

By endurance we conquer
It was a great event! Thanks to all who watched my daughter cedar while I was headed back.

Next time I will do better on the hot dogs a few of them got a little extra well done:)

Chevycrew

Hey no complaints about the food, it was there when we got done!

(and I need to remember to turn off my auto headlights...)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
It was a great event! Thanks to all who watched my daughter cedar while I was headed back.

Next time I will do better on the hot dogs a few of them got a little extra well done:)

Extra crispy is how I like my hot dogs!! It was perfect!

pELYgroso

'Merica
Thanks again to the U4 for putting this together! Davy and I had a great time mingling with everybody at the hotdog stand! My carnage included a broken rear shock mount, which bent up a couple brake lines pretty bad (thank goodness they didn't beak open!), a broken taillight and some new door and rear corner carnage from Wayne's World, and on the way home one of my BFG MTs shredded apart near the ranches. All-in-all, a great day!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Here are some of the pics I took. Click to enlarge.

The Constrictor cleanup crew. After we buzzed through Rattlesnake we stopped at Wayne's World for some cleanup.
DSCN2658 (Medium).JPG

Tyler (my 6 year-old), and his best buddy Derek cleaning up trash
DSCN2662 (Medium).jpg

Wayne's World
DSCN2671 (Medium).jpg

More Wayne's World
DSCN2674 (Medium).jpg

MBryson's drive flange fix. The flange had slipped to the end of the axle, and stripped the splines off the last 1/8" or so. The two hose clamps held the drive flange further in on the axle for the rest of the trail, and for the foreseeable future. :D
DSCN2680 (Medium).JPG

These two boys manned the winch controls and pulled four vehicles up Eagle's Nest.
DSCN2686 (Medium).jpg

I'm a poser...
DSCN2687 (Medium).jpg

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I hope the boys winching was a posed picture. No blanket over the winch cable and boys should be behind the front tire.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I hope the boys winching was a posed picture. No blanket over the winch cable and boys should be behind the front tire.

Not a posed picture. It's a plasma winch rope, not a cable, it does not store energy. I stood next to them while they were operating the control and told them constantly whether to keep pushing the button or release it. They were not operating the winch when the picture was taken.