Northern Utah U4WDA needs your help in Mary Ellen Gulch on Tues, Sept 13th (yes, this means YOU)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Matt Westrich of U4WDA posted this on Facebook last night. For anyone who hasn't seen it, here is a copy-n-paste:

OK really need help with this!

We have a great opportunity to give a number of important Utah representatives a tour of Mary Ellen Gulch. Many of them have been tracking for some time what has been going on in American Fork Canyon with new development plans. They have never been there in person to see it. A good sized group of around 50 people would like to ride in our rigs to see the area. It will be on Tuesday, September 13. This may well be our best chance to help keep this canyon from being developed. Will you be able to support us by giving rides with your vehicle? We will be meeting at the mouth of the Canyon before the Forestry Service Booth at 1pm!

Based on that FB thread, a few RME members have already committed to be there... but I am concerned we don't yet have 50 open seats confirmed. Who else can come help us support and defend AF canyon?

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I was hoping to go, but I don't think the Colorado is capable enough. It can get pretty hairy in a couple spots.

I noticed someone said a stock Yukon could make it, I think that's quite a mistake.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I'm in. I'll be in my TJ, so I will have up to 3 open seats. Do I need to find that post on FB to confirm?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I was hoping to go, but I don't think the Colorado is capable enough. It can get pretty hairy in a couple spots.

I noticed someone said a stock Yukon could make it, I think that's quite a mistake.

Your Colorado can make it for sure. I've had the Wiferunner up there several times. There's one ledge just past the meadow before the switchbacks that you might have to work at a little. That'll make it more exciting for your passengers. :)

I agree that the Yukon could be a little low. A good driver could probably make it in.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
What's minimum for MEG? Armor? Winch? Sliders?

MEG isn't really a trail. There's one tippy spot near the start and a couple little ledges that keep it from being just a road, but as long as you've got good ground clearance and good tires you'll be fine.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Gents, if you have not already been in contact with Big Sgt/U4WDA (and even if you have) we have far more rigs than needed at the moment.

Tonkaman

Sure thing. Just give me the following information:

-Full name
-Vehicle
-number of empty seats

I'll pass it along to Matt at U4WDA.

Derek Jensen
Toyota Tacoma
3 empty seats

Gents, if you have not already been in contact with Big Sgt/U4WDA (and even if you have) we have far more rigs than needed at the moment.

Is that going to become a problem? Are they needing to scale back? Or should we all still plan to participate?