• We limit to 500 tickets for $5 each

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • We sell unlimited $1 tickets

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • pigs fly out of my arse

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So most know that U4WDA makes the bulk of its income via product raffles at events. As always, the money goes to the cause of protecting access and promoting 4x4 use.

Starting in Price in a few weeks, we'll be implementing a new strategy for events. A titled sponsor will provide a few items for a raffle. This time around it's 4 Wheel Parts, and we'll be getting 2 winches and a set of tires (gift cert) or some similar high value items.

The question is, if we limit the raffle ticket sales to only 100 tickets, will you pay $25 for a ticket? In the past we've always done $1 tickets for as many as you'd like. Let us know what you think.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
I havent voted yet, But I feel that $5 tickets would be a good, It keeps most people involved, I see no issue with $1 tickets, The only reason I would go with a $25 ticket would be for a Vehicle and more like 500-1,000 tickets total sounds doable.
Just my $.02

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
$25.00 is a lot of money for some people to come up with.
$5.00 is good, but your odds become slim
$1.00 encourages people to lay down more money because it seems like less money.

That's my... $1.00's worth.........:rofl:

Keep in mind that this would be in a situation where there are only 50-75 total people present. The average number of $1 tickets purchased per person is 8. If the price is $25, will someone pay or will they not buy tickets?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I like the $5 ticket too, but with so few people in attendance, I'd pony up for the $25 deal. :D

But then, I tend to look at odds rather than costs. *shrug*

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
If it is something big, $25 isn't bad, but I voted for $5 tickets, every time I have bought tickets in the past I have spent at least $10 bucks anyway, with the $5 ticket I could see myself buying 4 or more. But I'll buy one for $25 just because it's U4 and I know it is for a great cause.

Good comments from everyone, thanks. This would be for the smaller events. At bigger events like EJS and Summer Convention, the tickets would always be $1. We're trying to figure out how to maximize revenue. We've been in situations where we have $2000 in product, and we only sell $500 in raffle tickets. We could just sell the stuff on ebay for a better return. The $25 or $5 ticket is for the smaller events. The ticket price ($1-$10) usually doesn't matter. As many have mentioned, they'll spend the same (around 10 bucks) whether the tickets are $1 or $5. What we want to determine is will those same people spring the little bit extra ($25) if they are ensured a 1 in 33 chance of winning (selling 100 tickets, giving away 3 big prizes).

themaniam1

Just Empty Every Pocket
..... We could just sell the stuff on ebay for a better return.....
If you could I would do that and no hassle with the raffle and you still get the $. Don't get me wrong, I would love to get a big item for $25 but your goal is to get as much money raised for the Association to use promoting and protecting 4x4ing.

I look at odds and $25 a ticket with only a 100 tickets sounds good. I like those odds, especially if the prize is a big ticket item like a winch!

Last edited:

Badger

I am the Brute squad
if you were to charge 25 or maybe even 30 at the smaller events maybe it could come with a year of U4.this way you are assured another member (if they are a member then you get them for another year) and they get to be in a raffle for some good prizes.

Seth

These go to 11
$25 bucks man.

I put forward the idea of this because:

• It would make the odds great for attendees
  • We are limited to the amount of attendees at trail rides.
  • It adds to the draw of the event.

We are trying to maximize giving. If you were going to give $10 anyway we want to make it enticing enough to spend a little more. I find it hard to believe that folks can't spare $25. But maybe I am wrong. :confused:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
$25 bucks man.

I put forward the idea of this because:
  • It would make the odds great for attendees
  • We are limited to the amount of attendees at trail rides.
  • It adds to the draw of the event.
We are trying to maximize giving. If you were going to give $10 anyway we want to make it enticing enough to spend a little more. I find it hard to believe that folks can't spare $25. But maybe I am wrong. :confused:

I always forget about the raffle and rarely have cash in hand. I usually buy whatevers in my wallet (like $12 or whatever). I guess I could write a check? (I wonder where that book is?)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
It sound to me like you guys are stuck on the $25.00 thing. Try it and see how many people buy a ticket. $25.00 is a lot of money to some people.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Personally, I toss down at least $25 at these events. Would I buy a $25 ticket? Probably not, even if it did increase my odds.

And I really don't undersdtand the logic behind the change.