U4WDA Summer Convention

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
U4WDA 2009 Summer Convention - Richfield, Utah

The U4WDA 2009 Summer Trail Ride/Clean-up is being hosted by the Unlimited 4x4 Club and King Crawlers. Special raffle items have been donated to help raise money for U4WDA and the public land use battle. There is no charge to attend the event, but Please pre-register! and pick a trail that will match your vehicle and ability. The Unlimited 4x4 Club and King Crawlers are having dinner catered by The Frontier Restaurant. On the menu is a great Steak Dinner and a live Band. The dinner will be at the Richfield City Park starting at 6pm on Saturday Aug 1st. Dinner is $16 each for adults and $8 for children if you pre register. Dinner will be $20 for Adults and $10 for children for those that did not pre register.
Special thanks to the Unlimited 4x4 Club and King Crawlers for sponsoring this event.

When: Friday, July 31st & Saturday, August 1st. Friday registration and trail line-ups will begin at 8:00 am with rollout at 9:30 am.
Saturday registration and trail line-ups will begin at 6:30am at the Richfield City Park. And will have an 8:30 am drivers meeting with a 9:00 am rollout. All final registrations are 30 minutes prior to rollout.
Where: The Richfield City Park is located at 300 N Main Street Richfield Utah.
What: Unlimited 4x4 Club and King Crawlers members will lead groups on eight or more local trails ranging from a scenic dirt road (2 rating) to hardcore trails (5+ rating). Following the trail rides on Saturday, we will have a special raffle thanks to Unlimited 4x4 Club and King Crawlers members and their sponsors.
Saturday Dinner available: $16 for adults and $8 for children for anyone that pre registers. If pre-register, you will have two weeks to cancel your dinner. If you do not pre register the dinner will be $20 for Adults and $10 for children.
Big Raffle: Tickets $10 each, seven tickets for $50 and 15 tickets for $100.
You must complete and sign this waiver before participating in the event. Please bring this completed form to the event.
Trail Details
All trails rated on the 1-5 scale. Trail space is limited so register today! Be sure to review the vehicle requirements and trail rating information to ensure you and those with you have a good time on the trail.

TRAILS & RATINGS

1. CRAZY 8 4 1/2+
THIS TRAIL IS A HARDCORE FUN TRAIL THAT FOLLOWS A WASH THAT OFFERS ALL KINDS OF OBSTACLES THAT ARE CONSTANTLY CHANGING WITH EACH RAIN STORM.
2. SAWDUST PITS 4 1/2+
THIS TRAIL IS A SERIES OF OBSTACLES IN THE FOOTHILLS WEST OF RICHFIELD, THIS IS FOR THE HARDCORE ONLY.
3. DAIRY CANYON 4
THIS TRAIL FOLLOWS A SERIES OF RIDGES AND GOES INTO A CANYON FULL OF OBSTACLES.
4. “NS” TRAIL 3 ½
THE “NS” ON THE HILL OF SALINA IS WHERE THIS TRAIL GOES. WITH SOME HILL CLIMBS AND THEN DOWN A CANYON THIS IS A FUN ONE.

5. BROAD HEAD LAKES 3
BROAD HEAD LAKES IS A HIGH ALTITUDE TRAIL. IT STARTS AT THE WILLOW PATCH AND THEN CLIMBS THROUGH THE TREES ENDING NEAR THE FISHLAKE HIGHTOP.

6. DRY WASH 3
GOING FROM THE VALLEY FLOOR TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN AND OFFERING SOME AMAZING VIEWS AND THEN ENDING AT THE FREMONT INDIAN PARK.

7. DEER CREEK 2
THIS IS AN EASY TRAIL WITH SOME STEEP CLIMBS ON A SOMEWHAT MAINTAINED ROAD. THIS TRAIL WILL BE A TOUR OF THE GEOLIGICAL AND MINING HISTORY OF THE KIMBERLY MOUNTAINS. THE SILVER KING MINE WILL BE ONE OF THE MAIN ATTRACTIONS.
8. THE TWIST 3
THE TWIST DOES EXACLTY WHAT IT'S NAME IMPLIES, IT TWISTS AND TURN YOU RIG TO ITS LIMITS. DON'T BE AFRAID OF WHEEL AIR. YOU ALSO BE ABLE TO SEE THE HOLDING TANKS OF SOME OF THE OIL THAT IS BEING PUMPED IN THE VALLEY.
9. ROUND THE VALLEY 2.5 WITH SOME 3 RATED OBSTACLES
THIS TRAIL TAKES A TOUR OF THE WEST SIDE OF THE SEVIER VALLEY. FROM WASHES TO LEDGES TO TWISTS AND TURNS, AND SOME TIGHT SPOTS. THIS WILL BE A FUN ONE.

10. HANGING TREE 5
THIS TRAIL WILL BE LEAD FROM EPHRAIM ON FRIDAY ONLY. TRAIL LEADERS WILL MEET AT THE MAVERIK STARTING AT 8:00 AM. PLAN ON BEING ALL DAY. THIS TRAIL IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 10 RIGS. REQUIRES TWO LOCKERS AND 35 INCH TIRES.

REGISTER HERE

Last edited by a moderator:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Can you give any details for the hanging tree trail?

Hanging Tree trail,

crosses over three different land owners private property. in most cases you have to turn around at the top of the trail and come back down it.. there are a few of us that have permission and the combo to the gate in order to get out the top.. we are doing everything we can to keep access to this trail, if anyone is dis-respectful or runs over the gate we will lose access. the trail is rated at a 5 from the old ratings, it is a deep canyon wash that always has water running down it. it can be somewhat muddy in places, has a half a dozen good waterfalls to climb, almost impossible to do without some body damage. full bodied rigs other than jeeps are guaranteed bad body damage. I would recommend not less than 37's on tire size depending on size of group. I did this trail today, Ive done this trail three times in the last 5 weeks, and today we got 5 buggies out in 8 hours, other two trips were 13 well built rigs in 12 hours, and 7 well built rigs in 10 hours, JC rolled his buggie extremely hard today on Jeremys waterfall. rollovers are highly likely, carnage and breakdowns are also highly likely.

Attachments

• 100_2009.jpg
    100_2009.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_1999.jpg
    100_1999.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
more hanging tree.

Attachments

• 100_2041.jpg
    100_2041.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_2164.jpg
    100_2164.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_2133.jpg
    100_2133.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_2085.jpg
    100_2085.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_2111.jpg
    100_2111.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_2175.jpg
    100_2175.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_2192.jpg
    100_2192.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_4394.jpg
    100_4394.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_4448.jpg
    100_4448.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

CJ Matt

I'll have to see about getting Friday off so I can run Hanging Tree. Or atleast try to run it. Then Crazy 8 or Sawdust Pits Saturday. Where will everyone be staying?

I think i will stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites since I have enough points to stay for free:D

Last edited:

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
I'm still trying to figure out if this is a 2-Day event or a 1-Day Saturday only.
The U4 website does not have any details but I just recieved an E-mail from Steve Crabtree saying: "Many had a great time and are looking forward to the summer convention on July 31st and August 1st. It’s only one month away so please put this in your vacation plans for the summer; please register at www.U4WDA.org."

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I wish I could update you on the two day trails, but I'm still unclear, originally yes there were going to be to days of trails, but I have not seen anything official on it. I will email the guy in charge and find out.

CJ Matt

"Extreme trail recommended for purpose built rock buggies only"
I must admit that description of a 5 rated trail makes me slightly hesitant but I still plan on signing up for the Friday Hanging Tree trail run. I take comfort in the fact that I have run some tough trails to include the Hammers, and Pritchett with little trouble.

I did not see a place to register yet or I would have.

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
So if I'm ohv tagged is it going to be hard to get around or can you pretty much drive through Richfield on 4 wheelers, and crawlers to get to trail heads???

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
"Extreme trail recommended for purpose built rock buggies only"
I must admit that description of a 5 rated trail makes me slightly hesitant but I still plan on signing up for the Friday Hanging Tree trail run. I take comfort in the fact that I have run some tough trails to include the Hammers, and Pritchett with little trouble.

I did not see a place to register yet or I would have.

Htt is a little harder than Pritchett, and easier than Hammers. you should be just fine to run Htt.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
So if I'm ohv tagged is it going to be hard to get around or can you pretty much drive through Richfield on 4 wheelers, and crawlers to get to trail heads???

the past few years that the convention was held in Richfield the local police closed main street long enough for the wheelers to head through and out of town, kinda like big saturday at moab, no one seemed to care that a lot of the rigs were completely illegal. I do a lot of work in Richfield and there are always ATV's running the back roads..they are pretty offroad friendly.