ufwda winter

Darwin

GREASE MONKEY
Great shots ace! the winter convention was a blast. Thanks to the U4WDA for showing everyone such a good time.

muleskinner

Good pics Ace. Is this Hickey? :D

262958790idKNjS_ph.jpg

Last edited:

ace

Parts Collector
Hey, I think the minivan is awesome. It belongs to the lady who is in charge of the U4WDA activities (Daynene?) and her husband who built it out of leftover parts. Rumor has it that it schooled a couple moderately built TJ's on Rattlesnake :greg:

Rock Hound

Poor Boy Havin Fun
Hey I want to give a special thanks to everybody involved in putting
together this trailride and all the events. I thought it was awsome and
had a blast again thank you. Also I want to thank ace and whoever else for all the great pics.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I Lean said:
It's an Astro Van frame as well.

unlike other minivans of the time, the astro had a full frame....hmmmm that is giving me a great copycat idea...get one of those conversion van astros and toss some 60s under the sucker....and some 39.5 iroks on hummer beadlocks....hmmmmm and a removable top....hmmmmm

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
spencurai said:
unlike other minivans of the time, the astro had a full frame....hmmmm that is giving me a great copycat idea...get one of those conversion van astros and toss some 60s under the sucker....and some 39.5 iroks on hummer beadlocks....hmmmmm and a removable top....hmmmmm
Maybe some Astro/Safari vans have full frames, but mine does not. It has a front sub frame, but the rest is unibody.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
ooohhhh you have the newer one....I was thinking of the vintage of that particular astro...sorry...

the older versions were great...there was so much room under there that I once pulled a tranny from one of those suckers in under 20 minutes.

Dave Harward

We had a great time, We had breakfast (very nice) met a few new people, Dad and son combo from Orem they have a flat bed toyota and a couple from St louis in a custom silver jeep. We went on the GPS course found 4 out the 12 pionts, wife and kids learned how to use the GPS also a big lesson in vehicle recovery. We end up being stuck for 1 1/2 hrs.
We played in the rodeo games, the wife and I are very competitve, I beat her in barrel race, she beat me in blind fold course, She let me win the tire tug because she wasn't going the ravine. Great time for the whole family