Uintas?

skeptic

I plan to go camping this coming weekend and I'm looking for someplace new (basically not AF). I've been told there are some nice places to go in the High Uintas for car camping. Not campground stuff, just a trail to a place to camp without lots of people around. Other than being told there are non-campground places to car camp and there are lots of small lakes and streams to fish, I know nothing about the area. I'll probably be going with 1 to 3 other vehicles. Wheeling trails is ok, but probably nothing too extreme as one of the guys might be towing a small pop-up tent trailer.

Any advice, guides, locations to check, etc. would be greatly appreciated. For that matter, this is just an informal group from another forum. If anyone here wants to tag along lead the way that's even better.

UFAB

Off of bear service road is good.

Elizebeth Ridge

Hill AFB cabins area.

Roads that go out to the coolest places.

Fish lake

Whitney reservoir

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

amp713

Just realize that the uintahs stretch out to vernal and then past that. There is a ton of ground covered by "uintahs". By me there is pole creek sinks and the cave. The water disapeears into a cave and then comes out about 4 miles down the canyon. Right now the water is low enough you can go inside the caves. One cave is big enough you could probably pay volley ball in.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
By me there is pole creek sinks and the cave. The water disapeears into a cave and then comes out about 4 miles down the canyon. Right now the water is low enough you can go inside the caves. One cave is big enough you could probably pay volley ball in.

This is new to me, details? Location? Anybody wanna go caving?

UFAB

Dido that.

Cave for a volleyball party.

Sandy floors and natural net:eek:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

sixstringsteve

The uintas are amazing for camping, hiking, and fishing. No real 4x4 challenges up there. It's going to be crazy busy up there this weekend (though not as busy as AF Canyon).

skeptic

The uintas are amazing for camping, hiking, and fishing. No real 4x4 challenges up there. It's going to be crazy busy up there this weekend (though not as busy as AF Canyon).

Dammit! I forgot about Pioneer Day. As a non-native I tend to ignore it and block it out. :mad:

I'm looking for a quiet out of the way camping and possible fishing getaway, so it sounds like I'm on the right track - just the wrong weekend for it.

Kevin B.

Dammit! I forgot about Pioneer Day. As a non-native I tend to ignore it and block it out. :mad:

I'm looking for a quiet out of the way camping and possible fishing getaway, so it sounds like I'm on the right track - just the wrong weekend for it.
Won't be much fishing, but go west. Once you get past the shooters you'll have the entire desert to yourself.

amp713

If anyone wants to come to the basin I will do a trek up to the cave and sinks and show you them.... Its about 2 1/2 hours to my house from the valley and 15 minutes to my cabin from there. Then just a short jaunt up the mountains to go check it out!

Kevin B.

If anyone wants to come to the basin I will do a trek up to the cave and sinks and show you them.... Its about 2 1/2 hours to my house from the valley and 15 minutes to my cabin from there. Then just a short jaunt up the mountains to go check it out!

I'm in. Got any plans August 2nd?

amp713

Kev i work every other weekend. I could go this weekend or the 9th. after that im gonna be hunting for a 2 months ha its pretty easy to find though if you wanna come up the second i can write you up a PM on how to get there......

Kevin B.

Kev i work every other weekend. I could go this weekend or the 9th. after that im gonna be hunting for a 2 months ha its pretty easy to find though if you wanna come up the second i can write you up a PM on how to get there......

Looks like I work every weekend you don't. Yeah, send me a PM if you don't mind.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
There are a few spots in the Uintas that do not get crowded on a holiday weekend, but they are quiet because you can't drive a sedan or pull a trailer into them.

amp713

Kevin has the details and a rough plan for his trip! Ill be going out somewhere this days off along with a trip up to the sinks again too!