Ultimate Adventure 2013

Rock Taco

Found this on YouTube and thought I would share.

[video=youtube;StTJghDn88Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTJghDn88Q[/video]

[video=youtube;G9sr1Pb3nDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9sr1Pb3nDM[/video]

[video=youtube;Y4oUCKOosOY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4oUCKOosOY[/video]

Rock Taco

Here is the rest.

[video=youtube;V9c_5D-e-rM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9c_5D-e-rM[/video]

[video=youtube;d5lfdY1uAL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5lfdY1uAL8[/video]

Rock Taco

I couldn't sleep last night. :D

I would like to do this as well but I would prefer a west coast version.

I was always under the impression the rigs had to be street legal for this event. Several don't look legal to me or maybe those states are quite a bit different than where I am used to.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
from the UA'13 application:
'Vehicle must be street licensed and insured, and driver must have a valid driver's license, current registration, and current proof of insurance.'

so it must depend on which state the rigs are from.

LT.

I was lucky enough to be selected back in 2010 if I remember correctly. I had to bow out because EJS in 2010 taught me some lessons. I knew my rig was not Ultimate Adventure ready and I would only hinder others. Rick Pewe was understanding and was very grateful when I called him to notify him of my limitations. Don't be fooled by thinking just because you have an off road rig that this is a possibility. Any rig that is entered will need to be highway friendly and unique. While there is a bunch of JK's on the trip JK's are not one of the selected readers vehicles usually. The selected vehicle needs to be unique in some form and it will also be voted in to some degree. This trip is not for the faint of heart. You will loose sleep, the trip is a bit expensive, and you and your rig will be tested in every way, as well as the co driver. While the Ultimate Adventure is not usually on the interstates this is still a possibility. The trip is not scripted and does not run on a firm schedule. Plans are made up as the event continues. There will be problems that arise and the group will have to adapt and overcome. If this description sounds like something y'all are interested in then you will fit right in. If your personality requires more of a rigid schedule then you will be disappointed and frustrated. I believe there is a fella on this forum who went a year ago or so. He drove a Chevy Trailblazer if I remember correctly. I would love to go on this trip myself but, I would really like to build a different vehicle than what I currently have already. I don't want to discourage anyone so, please don't take it that way. I am just trying to explain the trip as well as I can. Please also understand that I have never been so take my ideas with a grain of salt. But, this is how the trip was explained to me by others and by Rick Pewe.

LT.

chicken77

throttle jockey
I made the dirty dozen this year but just didn't make the cut. I'm kind of glad I missed out, 22re + 40" tires does not a mud truck make.

flexyfool

GDW
Hardcore wheeling and street driving just don't mix. Throw your junk on a trailer, tow it in comfort and safety to a trail, and beat on it. Or, drive your lightly modified rig to and on a scenic trail and throw in some hiking, camping, mountain biking. The Ultimate Mis-adventure concept is just plain wrong IMHO.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
A friend of mine, with a bronco II went a fees years back. Just crazy the way they don't tell you any information till just Before you leave.

LT.

As Pewe says, even if you cant go on this trip. get a bunch of friends and people together and have your own "Ultimate Adventure" .
You don't need to have deep pocket$ or 40+ inch tires to do something like this . Plan a route have others chime in and see what sceduals are like . Wheather everybody can stay a week or a night or 2 . Plan it months in advance .
Others on here have done it.
Team 1K has done his B.O.A.R. trip on jeep forum ( which I went on )
Sixstringsteve and "Freeze your tail off" (I also went on)
Were all great trips that im sure are partly inspired by UA. So get some tubers or whatnot and plan a bad as$ trip.

Sixstringsteve is great at this kind of adventure. I think he has planned two trips now to the Rubicon trail as well as others. He might be the best bet that I know of to organize a trip just like this. A few years ago I tried to get a trip together to hit Moab, and Western Utah. It never came together.

LT.

lime chev

Funny, I just found that Motor Trend channel awhile ago been enjoying Hotrod unlimited, Dirt every day, and the Roadkill episodes.

Bart

There's another member here who did UA a few years back in his Grand Cherokee. Can't remember the user name, but he did well. Most of the rigs on this run are vendor rigs for obvious reasons. They only invite a few reader's along and do like the unique vehicle.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I felt like I was on ultimate adventure every time I used to drive my XJ to Moab, try and break it for a whole weekend and then drive it home. I prefer my adventure in comfort and relaxation in the tow rig now ;)

ID Bronco

Back in 2009 I spearheaded one of the stops on the UA for three days they wheeled with us. It is an awesome event and I enjoyed the guys a lot. The one thing I noticed was the company rigs really weren't wheeled hard. Our local guys spanked them. I guess when your rig is big $$$$$$ and you have to use it for marketing when you get home that's how it goes. Pewe' was the exception, he didn't give a rip for obvious reasons. I would love to do is all week. ChevyCrew went last year.