Uncle Ben's Ready Rice- Spanish Style

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
So I was looking around the other day for something to eat, and saw these on the shelf. There were all kinds of varieties... but I like Spanish Rice, so I grabbed 2 of them.

I have to say that the preparation couldn't be easier: tear the top of the package open, after mushing up the package to seperate the grains of rice, and nuke for 90sec. They even printed a "Cool Touch" area on the edges of the package for those too dumb to grab there on their own.

The smell of this product is best described as... "nausea-inducing industrial food smell". It reminds me of some kind of funky cafeteria food maybe.... something about it just makes me almost gag.

Tastewise, it is much more benign though, which is AWESOME. If it tasted like it smelled, I'd probably sue. Little bit spicy, mostly on the edible side of blandish.

I can't really recommend it. Smells like hell, tastes ok.

fullsizeyota

I fart sometimes
The rice pilaf is actually pretty damn good. I told my wife, if we ever seperate, just know that i'll be eating rice for the rest of my life.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I used to do that, now I've switched to the ready made mashed potato powders and Zatterans low sodium red beans and rice.

Another good quick bite are the Marie Calendars "Steamers". Way better than traditional frozen dinners.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'll see if I can grab some of those later, if I can get the damn Suburban to behave.

Lately I've been really hungry for beans and rice. I don't know why.