Under 8 years old law???

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I just traded some work for a JR 50. My daughters, 5 and 6, are super excited about it. We've been getting them geared up and are just about ready to start them on it. I just have to fix a case leak.

So anyways I just found out about this law, that no one under 8 can operate an ohv on utah public land. What's the deal with this? I won't be taking them to places like AFC or anything like that. At worst, it would be the empty areas of 5mp. I'm thinking areas that no one else is around. Should I worry about this?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
That is what the law says. However, my personal experience is that if the kids are properly equipped and supervised, the law is not enforced. My son will turn 8 this fall and has been riding since he was 5 years old and it has never been an issue. Everytime we have been to Cherry Creek around the time of a race we have had LEO's come through camp and they check registrations and thank us for making sure our kids have all the possible riding protection they can.

ricsrx

Actually someone correct me if im wrong it is if they are under 16 and that is assuming that if they are 16 they have a valid drivers license.