Unused Footings

WJL

Wondering as driving by the Ogden city mall ( whats left). How, Where could you place the old footings (even if broken up a little)
That everyone could use.
Problems:

Where to Put that everyone can use? example: 5 mile pass
Hauling cost?
Break up cost?
Is it even worth it?
Any other things to worry about?

For pictures see Wheelin Ogden Mall under Rock crawling trips.

Blocks like this are lying all over The mall, Down by Lagoon over pass. All they do is get crushed up. How could we as 4 wheelers use these to our advantge.

Suggestions

Last edited:

Caleb

I agree it would be cool to get them moved somewhere but the problem is that they wouold have to be moving them to private property cause if someone were to complaine about them dumping them at five mile they could get in big time trouble...I dont knwo about cost but I ahve heard of soem companies moving them for free cause they would have to move them anyways...dunno if its true but something we should look into...

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
they would be pretty expensive to move. Your average Semi costs about 1 dollar a mile to operate, and those things look so heavy, you may only get one or two on a trailer at a time. Is there someplace closer to Ogden to dump em?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
not that I know of. No wheelers up here in ogden. you can count the serious offroaders on your ten little fingers.....the rest are pavement queens with delusions of offroad....

trpl xj

Originally posted by spencurai
not that I know of. No wheelers up here in ogden. you can count the serious offroaders on your ten little fingers.....the rest are pavement queens with delusions of offroad....

speak for yourself Mr. bootie fab. Theres more hardcore guys than you think. Most just don't want to waste there time playing on cement blocks.

Not that I don't agree with you I think it would be fun to have those things somewere were everyone could use them. But I just don't see it happening. Finding a place to put them and dealing with all the legal mumbo jumbo it just isn't worth it.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by trpl xj

speak for yourself Mr. bootie fab. Theres more hardcore guys than you think. Most just don't want to waste there time playing on cement blocks.

Not that I don't agree with you I think it would be fun to have those things somewere were everyone could use them. But I just don't see it happening. Finding a place to put them and dealing with all the legal mumbo jumbo it just isn't worth it.

ok....you live in brigham......last time I checked that wasn't anywhere near ogden so piss off with your bad self!!

I know the wheeling crowd in ogden and there are about 10 of us.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by BBowski82
10?? theres that many?? wow....never woulda guessed

I have a tendency to exxagerate....sorry bro.

Trpl Xj is on the do-not-admit list for our construction refuse wheeling site....:p :p

honestly....tell us what there is to do north of 5-mile pass in this state would you trpllpl xjl.....whatever your name is...sorry people mess mine up too...

Last edited:

trpl xj

Originally posted by spencurai

I have a tendency to exxagerate....sorry bro.

Trpl Xj is on the do-not-admit list for our construction refuse wheeling site....:p :p

honestly....tell us what there is to do north of 5-mile pass in this state would you trpllpl xjl.....whatever your name is...sorry people mess mine up too...

Listen fawker. you think your sh!t don't stink, why don't you bring your whinny a$$ up here and lets talk. And by the way that leg press thing you were so proud of...that was about the stupidist thing I have ever seen anyone do. If that thing were anything more than a Suzuki you wouldn't have a leg right now. Nothing noth of 5-mile pass huh? What about that trail that you have been running illegelly I think you call it carnage canyon or something like that. Have you ever heard of Providance canyon? It's a tough tail located in Logan and last time I checked that was noth of 5 mile.

Okay I've had enough putting the soap box away. This is a waste of time. I was just tyring to say there are a few more guys out there then you know. Maybe not in Ogden I guess but come to Logan there are more built to the nuts Jeeps than you can count, well maybe not but there a a bunch. I can think if somewere between 25 and 30 just off the top of my head.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla

Listen fawker. you think your sh!t don't stink, why don't you bring your whinny a$$ up here and lets talk. And by the way that leg press thing you were so proud of...that was about the stupidist thing I have ever seen anyone do. If that thing were anything more than a Suzuki you wouldn't have a leg right now. Nothing noth of 5-mile pass huh? What about that trail that you have been running illegelly I think you call it carnage canyon or something like that. Have you ever heard of Providance canyon? It's a tough tail located in Logan and last time I checked that was noth of 5 mile.

Okay I've had enough putting the soap box away. This is a waste of time. I was just tyring to say there are a few more guys out there then you know. Maybe not in Ogden I guess but come to Logan there are more built to the nuts Jeeps than you can count, well maybe not but there a a bunch. I can think if somewere between 25 and 30 just off the top of my head.

k...lets work in your reading comprehension.....I SAID IN OGDEN YOU IMBECILE!!!!

that is where the footings are......THAT IS WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!

we know there are about the 1 or 2 guys in brigham city and I KNOW LOGAN HAS SOME MEAN RIGS!!! you would have to be a moron to discount MT logan offroad.....

ohh and I did prov canyon in my "Booty-fab-mobile". it was fun....not challenging but fun......nothing like rattlesnake or constrictor and surely nothing like the trails in legal limbo right now....

I don't want to start no sh!t so lets put a lid on this.....you have a 4X4, so do I X4 so lets just leave it at that...

Last edited:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
ok...nuff said....

back to the topic....I am unable to find a place for these footings as of right now. But if anyone...even people in brigham city, can find a place for these, it would be a killer time for all!!

troutbum

cubi-kill
Originally posted by BBowski82
No offense or anything.....but whos callin who MR. bootiefab???

What am I missin in that pic?? It is not built by any means but where is the bootie fab?

Not pickin sides:D

just wonderin'

trpl xj

agreed lets end it now. Sorry for the out burst I was over on POR for a while earlier, I forgot to take of the A$$hole pirate hat and put my RME hat back on.

Sorry to say there is no place in Brigham for those things. I think the 5 mile pass idea is probally the best so far but the BLM probally wouldn't go for it. But if you do ever find a place for those things, I would gladly help move them.

BBowskie82 TJ flares on my xj make it bottie fab, I don't think so, the bottie fab I was refering to is the steering on his zuki and I was all in fun. I'm not a zuki guy but from what I hear that is acceptable. And if it works then great.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I apologize for the calculated jugular shot. Just caught me off guard, sometimes I swear the borders are green on black around here...anyway I will keep hunting for a good place....

agreed lets end it now. Sorry for the out burst I was over on POR for a while earlier, I forgot to take of the A$$hole pirate hat and put my RME hat back on.

Sorry to say there is no place in Brigham for those things. I think the 5 mile pass idea is probally the best so far but the BLM probally wouldn't go for it. But if you do ever find a place for those things, I would gladly help move them.

BBowskie82 TJ flares on my xj make it bottie fab, I don't think so, the bottie fab I was refering to is the steering on his zuki and I was all in fun. I'm not a zuki guy but from what I hear that is acceptable. And if it works then great.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I havn't been up in Ogden lately to see the footings your talking about but I don't really see alot of fun in climbing over some footings...

To be honest, I would hate to see them out at 5-Mile Pass, one of the things I enjoy most about wheelin' is that ability to spend a whole day in the middle of nowhere with just man-machine...

I can drive five minute from my house and find stuff fairly challenging, enough that the locker gets turned on now and then. It is kindve gray market on legality but it fills my weeknight urge for some trail time.... :D

Not super related but kindve..... I was at a club meeting a while back when a kid asked us all to fill out a survey. It turns out that some guy/company has is considering the idea of a man-made wheelin park that you can pay to play around in. Some of the questions were about concession stands, events, how often, how much would you pay, etc....

At first I thought it was cool but then I got thinking about it... we have ALOT of places to go wheelin for FREE.... lets make an effort to keep those open, like the BLM clean-up at Five-Mile and the various service projects up AF... everyone needs to do there part.... [end rant]... :D ...[/end rant]

Sorry for the hijack, I just thought it kindve fit in.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
the fun is that they are huge. I don't wanna charge anyone anything. I just want a vacant lot where these things could be placed and arranged to make an interesting boulder crawl.

mall1.jpg

mall2.jpg

mall3.jpg

mall4.jpg

mall5.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Wow, those look alot more like real boulders than I had pictured in my head. I was thinking 20 ft slabs of smooth concrete piled up.... :D

I still wouldn't like to see them in at a place like five-mile but in some farmers feild or an abandoned parkinglot... that would be great... you'de never move those with a winch :D... they must weigh close to ten tons a piece... how many can they fit on a single tactor/truck to move them?