Urgent! Send your comments in to the Price BLM Office Now!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
(NAXJA members please write a letter too!
Don't just copy and paste mine either.
The folks who will make the decisions on the fate of these areas need to know why they need to stay open.)

My letter:

I'm writing in concern for the recent RMP for the Price area.
I am a local Utah resident, 4 wheel drive enthusiast, and member of the Utah 4 Wheel Drive associate and North American XJ Association. It has recently come to my knowledge that the trails which were indexed and submitted were cut from the final draft. I have also been told that many of the trail submissions have gone "missing" after they had been submitted. I feel the need to voice my opinion that this is completely unacceptable and that actions should be taken to set things right.

I personally was introduced to the trails in Price 3 years ago at the summer convention of the Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association. I had the opportunity to go 4 wheeling with the Castle County King Crawlers and I drove the Upper and Lower Diff Hanger trails. I enjoyed the area so much that I have come back 3 times just to visit the trails in this area. I feel that this area is important to the community and to my family. It would be a shame to close these areas to offroad use and not allow future generations to come out and enjoy the land that we as Americans all are blessed to enjoy. I want to take my new bride to Price and let her enjoy these trails. I want my future children to see this area. We cannot let them be closed due to an accident loss of maps and paperwork. I believe keeping these area open is also very important to the local businesses and commerce in Price, and no doubt they would suffer from these trails being omitted from the RMP and possibly closed.

No one is perfect and I'm sure it was an accident that these trail submissions are missing from the current RMP draft. I would urge you to reconsider making any binding or final decisions as to the fate of this area until the all the current trails can be mapped and added to the RMP.

Thank you for your consideration, I appreciate the public service you folks do, and I am confident you will make the right decision.

Stratton
Address info
daytime phone #

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have not talked to Scott, but I am sure he will be in contact with them. We are also following some other "paths"to try and resolve some of the issues.