UROC and ERoCC Merger

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Well it's official ERoCC has now merged with UROC. Here's the press release from ERoCC and The Trail Keepers:

ERoCC Announces Merger with UROC

November 12, 2003

The Eastern Rock Crawling Championship Series (ERoCC) is excited to announce a merger with the United Rockcrawling and Offroad Challenge (UROC). The new merger will allow UROC to expand into a national series with standardized vehicle requirements and scoring. The increased marketing and media coverage of UROC will broaden the appeal of the sport of rock crawling from coast to coast. ERoCC will now be called UROC Eastern Regionals and will continue to benefit and be run by the Trail Keepers Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating and maintaining multi-use trails.

"For the past two years ERoCC has been working closely with UROC and this merger is the next step in that relationship. This merger gives the sport of rockcrawling standardized vehicle requirements and increased media exposure." said Tim Rettig, ERoCC spokesperson. "From day one, ERoCC was started to generate funds that the Trail Keepers Foundation could use for trail maintenance. This merger does not change that goal. The Trail Keepers will continue to benefit from the events it organizes. UROC has the marketing, sponsors, and staff to take the sport of rockcrawling to the masses. The bigger these events get, the more funds Trail Keepers will be able to generate. We feel it is a winning combination."

Mark Patey, President of UROC stated "The Trail Keepers Foundation has put a lot of effort into establishing the sport of rockcrawling in the east in order to generate funds for multi-use trails. We’re excited to continue forward with that effort."

About The Trail Keepers
The Trail Keepers Foundation is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to creating and maintaining multi-use trails on public and private land. For more information, visit their website at http://www.trailkeepers.org

About UROC
United Rockcrawling and Offroad Challenge (UROC) is the largest rock crawling series in the world. A relatively new motor sport, rock crawling is a form of competitive four wheeling in which a team of driver and spotter must navigate a vehicle through a course of obstacles in a set amount of time. For more information, visit their website at http://www.uroc.com

Scott Phillips
UROC Head Judge

sibeta

I heard that there will be a UROC even in New Jersey or something next season? I also heard of atleast 6 events next year? Sorry didnt mean to Hijack your thread. Interesting article. UROC is getting huge.

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
sibeta said:
I heard that there will be a UROC even in New Jersey or something next season? I also heard of atleast 6 events next year? Sorry didnt mean to Hijack your thread. Interesting article. UROC is getting huge.

Not really a thread hijack - it's in context. I haven't seen anything about NJ and I doubt it for this season. However, the goal of UROC is to make this a viable spectator sport. Part of doing that is expanding into new markets and offering different venus for fans/competitors.

Keep an eye on the UROC website. As soon as the events/schedules are finalized you'll see them posted.

Scott Phillips
Head UROC Judge

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
spencurai said:
ya....almost cancer like since the patey's took over....it is still TBD as to benign or malignant.....
In a lot of ways, this could be good, as it may downplay Poo's role in the scheme of things. Not to mention unified rules and reg's.

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
The actual number of UROC events next year could be huge, but the key is going to be how many series those events are divided into. Apparently there will at least be an Eastern Reigional Series. I wonder if we will be seeing a Western Regional Series next.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Floppy Hat said:
The actual number of UROC events next year could be huge, but the key is going to be how many series those events are divided into. Apparently there will at least be an Eastern Reigional Series. I wonder if we will be seeing a Western Regional Series next.

It would make sense to me to set something up like the NHRA has with region and national events.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
if our team has to pack up our rigs and go to armpit arkansas to run an event I am gonna be pissed!!....jersey...give me a break!!!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Nixter said:
I still have a shirt and sticker that says 'Utah'. Maybe it's worth someting.
Hahaha, I have one of those too. Maybe in 30 years when we have our own Jeff Gordons and Dale Juniors that shirt will be worth something. Got any mothballs? :p That shirt was from the second event, right? The one in Vernal? I wonder how many of those are out there? I have a Judge's shirt from the very first UROC...

Nixter

on the road again...
Actually....I have the Vernal one and the Cedar one before that. It was just solid green with yellow lettering that says UROC. The Vernal one is cool cuz of I-Lean on the front of it......which reminds me.....I need that signed. :D :D

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
spencurai said:
If we all got out expenses covered, like in monster truck races, I would go anywhere you asked me to!!

Keep dreaming. For now it aint gonna happen. Besides - I don't think you're gonna have to worry about excessive travel. The powers that be have a few things in the works. They should be on the UROC website by the 15th.