UROC and ERoCC Merger

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
goin4xn said:
I don't think you're gonna have to worry about excessive travel. The powers that be have a few things in the works. They should be on the UROC website by the 15th.
This is good news. I really can't see myself towing my rig to Jersey...

Caleb

goin4xn said:
Keep dreaming. For now it aint gonna happen. Besides - I don't think you're gonna have to worry about excessive travel. The powers that be have a few things in the works. They should be on the UROC website by the 15th.

Welllll...its the 15th and nothing new:D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
someone light a fire under their asses....there are hundreds of people waiting to plan their entire year around this mess...where is my 2004 schedule?? Where are the new rules....its almost 1pm...

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Floppy Hat said:
The actual number of UROC events next year could be huge, but the key is going to be how many series those events are divided into. Apparently there will at least be an Eastern Reigional Series. I wonder if we will be seeing a Western Regional Series next.

It's posted on the site now. They'll have a breakdown on how it'll all fit together but basically there will be three catagories. The Pro-National events will be hosted by UROC. Competitors will have 6 events plus the SuperCrawl for those that qualify.

The Semi Pro-Nationals will be divided into two regions, Eastern and Western. ERoCC will be hosting the Eastern Division. It is still TBD if UROC or some other ogrinization will be hosting the Western Division. The winners of the two divisions will have a final qualifying competition at the beginning of the SuperCrawl week. Those that win at that event will go on to compete in the SuperCrawl at the end of the week.

Last edited:

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Seems a little strange that the semipro class will have a final and supercrawl in the same week. Is this not supposed to be the class for the privateer competitor? If you make supercrawl, you will need a week++ off work. Just an observation.....

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
rckcrlr said:
Seems a little strange that the semipro class will have a final and supercrawl in the same week. Is this not supposed to be the class for the privateer competitor? If you make supercrawl, you will need a week++ off work. Just an observation.....

Not sure what you mean by "Privateer" competitor.

The final competition at SuperCrawl will determine who in the Semi Pro-National's (From the Eastern and Western Divisions) will go on to compete at the SuperCrawl.

Yes SuperCrawl is a week long event with the actual competition at the end of the week.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
goin4xn said:
Not sure what you mean by "Privateer" competitor.

The final competition at SuperCrawl will determine who in the Semi Pro-National's (From the Eastern and Western Divisions) will go on to compete at the SuperCrawl.

Yes SuperCrawl is a week long event with the actual competition at the end of the week.

What I mean by privateer is those of us the do/want to compete and do not have big sponsors. This is who the semi-pro class was designed for, right?

So, this final and SC same week thing does not make sense to me. If the semi-procompetitior are just that, semi pro, guys like us here, it will be difficult to do 2 comps in a week. First we all have day jobs (pro would infer this is haw hey make their living, or a good part of it), time off would be an issue. As well as a low money/sponsor team, the team does not have a lot of spare parts, or team of mechanics to help on repairs. This is a problem because there would be niether time, people, or money to make repairs between final and SC. Even if there is no major damage, things need to be checked, some consumable parts replaced, body repaired, etc......

There is also a greater cost to remain at the event for the extended period of time, hotel, food, etc.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
UROC 2004 Schedule of Events

Pro National Series

Mar
14th-16th
Semi-Pro National West Combined

April
1st-3rd

May
13th-15th

June
18th-20th
Semi-Pro National East Combined

Aug
12th-14th

Sep
9th-11th
Finals

Oct
7th-9th
SuperCrawl III for Qualified Competitors

Semi-Pro National Series

East

April
24th-25th

June
18th-20th
Pro National Combined Event

July
24th-25th

Aug
20th-22nd

Oct
7th-9th
East meets West: Combined Series Finals for Qualified Competitors at SuperCrawl III

West

Mar
14th-16th
Pro National Combined Event

June
3rd-5th

July
8th-10th

Aug
26th-28th

Oct
7th-9th
East meets West: Combined Series Finals for Qualified Competitors at SuperCrawl III

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hey Scott, is there any way we could find out the location for the first 1 or 2 events, so we can plan for it?

If not, how soon will locations be posted? Thanks!

Nixter

on the road again...
Check out the demographics on the website. Kinda cool. In a nutshell, the 'older married and weathly blue collar worker that travels far and read's magazines', attend UROC. That pretty much fits all of us eh? ;) -_-

Read: Sarcastic

Nixter

on the road again...
Is it me, or is the schedule just slightly confusing...... Scott, your talking about a weekg long SC, but from what I'm looking at, it's only 2 days. ?????? :confused: :confused:

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Greg said:
Hey Scott, is there any way we could find out the location for the first 1 or 2 events, so we can plan for it?

If not, how soon will locations be posted? Thanks!

They're finalizing the locations now. As soon as they have them nailed down then the locations will be posted. I'm not even 100% sure where the first two events will be. We're looking at a few different locations (first choice and a backup if necessary). As soon as the permits and agreements are signed then it'll be posted.

Sorry I can't be more detailed than that but I just don't know any more than you do when it comes to this particular issue.

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
rckcrlr said:
What I mean by privateer is those of us the do/want to compete and do not have big sponsors. This is who the semi-pro class was designed for, right?

So, this final and SC same week thing does not make sense to me. If the semi-procompetitior are just that, semi pro, guys like us here, it will be difficult to do 2 comps in a week. First we all have day jobs (pro would infer this is haw hey make their living, or a good part of it), time off would be an issue. As well as a low money/sponsor team, the team does not have a lot of spare parts, or team of mechanics to help on repairs. This is a problem because there would be niether time, people, or money to make repairs between final and SC. Even if there is no major damage, things need to be checked, some consumable parts replaced, body repaired, etc......

There is also a greater cost to remain at the event for the extended period of time, hotel, food, etc.

Yes you are correct. Unfortunatly we didn't really see a way to do it otherwise. The Pro-National group is scheduled for six events in addition to the SuperCrawl. The Semi Pro-National groups were divided into the Eastern and Western Divisions with four competitions each in addition to the SuperCrawl. The idea was tossed around about having a seperate "East meets West" type of event but that would be an additional event involving additional time off, additional hotel and food costs and additional mileage driven for the Semi Pro guys/gals. The decision was to compromise and to have the East meets West finals at the first of the week to qualify those who will attend the SuperCrawl event at the end of the week. It was felt that the combining of these two events would help to mitigate the costs of driving and participating in an additional single event.

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Nixter said:
Is it me, or is the schedule just slightly confusing...... Scott, your talking about a weekg long SC, but from what I'm looking at, it's only 2 days. ?????? :confused: :confused:

Looks like a snafu on the schedule. The dates given are for the SC. The East meets West event is at the beginning of that week (at least this is my understanding - things can and probably will change).

Nixter

on the road again...
goin4xn said:
Looks like a snafu on the schedule. The dates given are for the SC. The East meets West event is at the beginning of that week (at least this is my understanding - things can and probably will change).

Now that I look at it harder, the March event is Sun/Mon/Tues ??? I'm thinking that's a snafu too?? All the rest seem to be a Thurs-Sat event. Just curious. Oh, and thank you for be the RME/UROC leison (sp)!!

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Nixter said:
Now that I look at it harder, the March event is Sun/Mon/Tues ??? I'm thinking that's a snafu too?? All the rest seem to be a Thurs-Sat event. Just curious. Oh, and thank you for be the RME/UROC leison (sp)!!

Lesion? So I'm an open wound now? A sore that won't heal?
LOL! Or did you mean Liason (Lee-a-son)

I've been out of town and swamped at work so this may be old news but I know that they are working on a lot of "details" that were overlooked in the initial rush to get rules and scheduling out by the 15th. If it's not up by now it should be soon. (How's that for cryptic?)
Scott