UROC Events on ESPN!!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Just got this from Natelie at UROC-

"The first episode is no longer going to be on July 1st. It will be played back-to-back with the second episode on July 8th. It will still be 4:00pm EST.

Thanks,

Natalie"

:D

Caleb

BlackSheep said:
any way you can tape it for me?

If you would like I bet I can get my bro to record it on his TIVO and then post it up so it can be downloaded...

I'd record it for you but I dont even own a VCR:eek:

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Supergper said:
If you would like I bet I can get my bro to record it on his TIVO and then post it up so it can be downloaded...

I'd record it for you but I dont even own a VCR:eek:

I'm cool with that....where would he post it? On your site? How long would it take to download (assuming) 2 hours worth of video?

Caleb

BlackSheep said:
I'm cool with that....where would he post it? On your site? How long would it take to download (assuming) 2 hours worth of video?

well, if you're on Dial-up I wouldn;'t even try...it will be big...if you are on broadband of some type then it will likely take 1 hr+ (maybe much less depending on speed of your connection)...I will post it on my site and on his server so there will be two places...I can also burn it to cd so you can watch it on your computer OR for a few bucks my bro can burn it onto DVD with commercials editted and so you will be able to watch it on a regulard old DVD player...

Greg

Admin
Updated schedule...

Episode 1 - St. George, UT - Thursday - 07/08/04 - 4:00pm EST

Episode 2 - Vernal, UT - Thursday - 07/08/04 - 4:30pm EST

Episode 3 - Cedar City, UT - Thursday - 08/12/04 - 4:00pm EST

Episode 4 - Jellico, TN - Thursday - 09/16/04 - 4:00pm EST

Episode 5 - Farmington, NM - Thursday - 10/28/04 - 4:00pm EST

Episode 6 - St. George, UT - Thursday - 11/04/04 - 4:00pm EST

Episode 7 - SUPERCRAWL III - Thursday - 12/16/04 - 4:00pm EST

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Greg said:
Updated schedule...

Episode 1 - St. George, UT - Thursday - 07/08/04 - 4:00pm EST

Episode 2 - Vernal, UT - Thursday - 07/08/04 - 4:30pm EST

Episode 3 - Cedar City, UT - Thursday - 08/12/04 - 4:00pm EST

Episode 4 - Jellico, TN - Thursday - 09/16/04 - 4:00pm EST

Episode 5 - Farmington, NM - Thursday - 10/28/04 - 4:00pm EST

Episode 6 - St. George, UT - Thursday - 11/04/04 - 4:00pm EST

Episode 7 - SUPERCRAWL III - Thursday - 12/16/04 - 4:00pm EST

Man,I'll be in a hotel on the 8th....I should call them and see if they have espn, and if I would be able to hook up my VCR..

Greg

Admin
More info-

07, 2004 12:54 AM

Subject: UROC on ESPN2

Don't miss the first two episodes of the Skyjacker Toyo Tires UROC Pro-Nationals on ESPN2 next Thursday, July 8th beginning at 4:00pm EST.

The first episode will air at 4:00pm EST. The second episode will air immediately following at 4:30pm EST.

Please help ensure rockcrawling will continue to get national coverage on ESPN by letting them know what you think of rockcrawling and our new show by doing one of the following:

Fill out the feedback form after 5pm EST on July 8th at: http://espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html
Send an e-mail after 5pm EST on July 8th (include your name, e-mail address, city, state, satellite/cable provider and your comments) askespntv@espn.twdc.com
Call ESPN on July 9th (anytime) at: (860) 766-2000

UROC on ESPN2 schedule:
EPISODE
DATE
TIME

Episode 1
St. George, UT
Thursday
07/08/04
4:00pm EST

Episode 2
Vernal, UT
Thursday
07/08/04
4:30pm EST

Episode 3
Cedar City, UT
Thursday
08/12/04

Episode 4
Jellico, TN
Thursday
09/16/04

Episode 5
Farmington, NM
Thursday
10/28/04

Episode 6
St. George, UT
Thursday
11/04/04

Episode 7
SUPERCRAWL III
Thursday
12/16/04

If you would like more information on UROC, visit www.uroc.com.

If you would like more information on StoneGate Media, visit www.stonegatemedia.com.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Well, I managed to be around to see both episodes. A lot of incorrect statements about how the events are scored by John Currie. For the st. george coverage, they pretty much showed mostly the 'money pit', and only a few shots of other obstacles.

There is too much to a weekend of rockcrawling to cover it all in just 30 minutes. It was great to see it on TV though.

Caleb

BlackSheep said:
Well, I managed to be around to see both episodes. A lot of incorrect statements about how the events are scored by John Currie. For the st. george coverage, they pretty much showed mostly the 'money pit', and only a few shots of other obstacles.

There is too much to a weekend of rockcrawling to cover it all in just 30 minutes. It was great to see it on TV though.

agreed, It also bugged me that they showed the same three teams through BOTH episodes...oh well, like you said, its good to see it on TV...

Nixter

on the road again...
Supergper said:
agreed, It also bugged me that they showed the same three teams through BOTH episodes...oh well, like you said, its good to see it on TV...

The reason your seeing the same rigs is because the show is produced to showcase the winners. With only 22 minutes (because of commercials) it's hard to pack it all in..... So, now you just got to buy the DVD and see it all. :D

Nixter

on the road again...
BlackSheep said:

I noticed John mixed up a few things too. Let's hope the casual fan or the new fan didn't pick it up eh?

Caleb

Nixter said:
The reason your seeing the same rigs is because the show is produced to showcase the winners. With only 22 minutes (because of commercials) it's hard to pack it all in..... So, now you just got to buy the DVD and see it all. :D

I understand that, but IMO, to the casual fan they will get bored with seeing only a few teams (to the casual fan, top spot isn't that big of a deal)...

Caleb

James K said:
damn missed it :mad:

hopefully I got it recorded (my bro has the Tivo, so I dont kow if he got it or not yet)...if so I'll have it up in the next day or two for download or I am sure I can burn it to disc if you're not on highspeed...

Nixter

on the road again...
Supergper said:
I understand that, but IMO, to the casual fan they will get bored with seeing only a few teams (to the casual fan, top spot isn't that big of a deal)...

Yes and no. I think the biggest part will be that they normally won't run back to back. So maybe the casual fan might not remember. But then again...if you do remember, it might look like monster trucks or something. You always see grave digger et all.... Maybe seeing the winners will make them household names. :D This appears to be the ESPN way though....so we'll see what happens. To be honest with you, it actually boils down to how much 'usable' coverage the photog's get of the teams. That plays a big part.

....I think it would be super cool if they did a " year in reveiw ".....like the one they did for the CORR series....show clips from each event and each class throughout the year......that was a cool show.....anyone see it?? :D

Nixter

on the road again...
brian said:
....I think it would be super cool if they did a " year in reveiw ".....like the one they did for the CORR series....show clips from each event and each class throughout the year......that was a cool show.....anyone see it?? :D

The year in review will be a DVD.