uroc-farmington pics

creighton

They want me to do what!?
No pictures with this post but Marc and I are back from UROC.
Our event was lack luster at best. We did compete all of the second day on only about 50% of a ring gear. I broke it on the first obstacle on day one and the pieces of teeth smashed other teeth throughout the day until parts started to bust out through the back of the axle housing. I called six states to have them get one down to me. They had it in stock which is cool because it is a reverse cut 8.8" ford 4.56 ratio as many people know is not very common. The good guys down at Factory Tubular were going to drive it down for me to Farmington with some other things they had coming in time to replace it to compete in day two. All six states had to do was to drive the gears down from 17th south to 30th south within 3 hours on Friday. They screwed it up leaving Marc and I no option but to put the half toothless ring back on the Detroit and throw it back in the rig and hope we could salvage some sort of success from the day. I set the gears to have no backlash to tighten up the package as best we could. Then we loaded up in the #5 rig looking to make it work for an obstacle or two. Low and behold on obstacle 5 we claimed a 0 score and then low teens on 6 and with a confidence towards destruction we took the Unlimited line in the bowl on #7 walking away with a 2 point score. At this point we were just awe struck that every turn of the tire was not announced by a crunching sound. On #8 we bounced and bounced and hit a cone and came away with a decent 12 point score. We had done it! We were up at the last obstacle #9 and I planned on making the final run a show of parts bashing ring wreaking destruction. I was up just after the awesome show that Curtis put on. The crowds were hyped, the normal group of half drunk spectators were screaming for more action. Marc and I were going to take the hardest line in our little wounded legends Maxxis rig. The strap was readied and I tightened down my five point one last time as I launched up the face of #9. I almost had it when I bounced left, right, and them on the tail gate, hood vertical in the air 80% of the way up all to the cheer of the fans. WHAT a ride! Those Maxxis Mudzillas took me much farther then they should of, they just plain hook up. Then the hot power steering fluid began to leak out the holes in the hood and onto my face(that freaked me out). Marc tried to pull me back down and with no tires hitting the ground we were done. I crawled out the windshield and then we were done. Marc climbed onto the rig with arms in the air and really hyped up our run. It took two winches to get us down but there is almost not a mark on the jeep.
The Rock Logic team did really well coming away with a Supercrawl invite and a rig that will soon be in the top 5. Braden kicked a@# with a top 5 victory, Way to go guys. We ended up in 22nd.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Here ya go Creighton:

Farm002.JPG