UROC Legend Tire size

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Updated tire size rule:
2.1 Tires

36" maximum measured tire diameter (see section 15). 37” by sidewall designation effective 1-1-04

Does this mean ANY tire stamped 37 or smaller by the factory, regardless of measured size next year?
-or-
Do the tires still have to fit under the 36" caliper?
-or-
Do the tires have to fit under a new 37" caliper?

I'm confused:confused: :confused: Can I run bigger tires next year, or am I still limited to 36", and I just can't run shaved down 38s any more.:confused:

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
My guess.....

The Tire has to say 37" or less & measure 36" or less.

So, you might be able to run a set of 37" BFG Krawlers, 37" MT/R's or 37" Creepy Crawlers, if they will fit in the 36" Caliper.

Pretty interesting, although it sounds like they re-worked the rules for certain people, ;) if you know who I mean.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
If that's the case, what's the point in changing the rule? As of this year, we could run any tire we want, regardless of what it said on the sidewall, as long as it fit through the caliper. There was a guy once that ran a set of bald 38" TSLs, but they fit through the caliper, so they let him run em. That guy seems like the only guy that would be affected by the new rule, and that doesn't make any sense... Amy was running 37" MTRs the whole season, shaved down to 36 inches, but it was legal before, and under the new rule it would still be legal, what has changed?:confused:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Okay, I edited my original post so the rule looks exactly as it does on the UROC site. Does the red color change anything? Does that part supersede the other part in January, or is it added to the other part in January?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by RockMonkey
Amy was running 37" MTRs the whole season, shaved down to 36 inches, but it was legal before, and under the new rule it would still be legal, what has changed?:confused:

Words.

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
Okay, I edited my original post so the rule looks exactly as it does on the UROC site. Does the red color change anything? Does that part supersede the other part in January, or is it added to the other part in January?

The red part becomes the rule in January.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by Floppy Hat

The red part becomes the rule in January.
And the black part disappears? So no more evil caliper of death? Sweet. Looks like I will soon have a set of 36" SXs for sale...:D

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
Yep, I have already asked Craig for the caliper of death. I'm hoping to show up at random trail rides with it and scare everyone who competed in the Legends Class. :D :D

BTW, PM me when the SX's go up for sale.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Will do. It won't be until sometime next year. Prolly after the first event. I'm pretty sure I can get a certain tire company to send me a set of their new 37" tire next year, but I'll have to wait and see.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Wonder how much it would cost to get a tire company to make a 40 inch tire and stamp a 37 on it?:eek:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Wonder how much it would cost to get a tire company to make a 40 inch tire and stamp a 37 on it?:eek:

I bet it would be HARD :rolleyes: for those with tire 'connections' to get something like that arranged...:D

creighton

They want me to do what!?
"Wonder how much it would cost to get a tire company to make a 40 inch tire and stamp a 37 on it?"

I asked. I want it to say 35"

The next addition to the rule will be language like" the time must be a mass produced tire available to general public in quantities over ?????1000." or a plus or minus 5%

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
This came from Craig Stumph.

37s by sidewall are in for next year. Any comments would be appreciated
on this issue.

Thanks

Craig

It's official, no more caliper, they go by what it says on the sidewall now. Cool.