UROC St. George, buckle up.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
redrockcrawler said:
so if we leave out hp it sounds alright it seem to me that making a few simple rules to keep every one on the same playing field would make the event even more compeditive if every one has same width,wheel base,tires size then it does not limit the team to out build each other it just keeps it a little more even you could still use most modifications that you wish to design.i think this would be a true driver and spotter event not just the who has abetter rig and the most money
Sounds interesting, but it still doesn't appeal to me personally. I love to see the new buggies that come out each year. Each year even more amazing stuff shows up. Tiny actually looked big compared to some of the new buggies. The Rockware buggie is amazing, and Ken Blume's buggie is just freak'n cool. I would hate to miss out on that stuff because the rules force us to keep the same old specs. It is a cool idea, and you might get a lot of people that are willing to do it, but it just doesn't appeal to me. Besides, I'm a crappy driver and if I don't have some equipment advantage I would always place last. :ugh: :-\ -_-

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
goin4xn said:
Greg,
Good idea. I'll bring this up. We're having a conference call in the next few weeks to addess this past weekends mess.

I know you're going to send an email to Rancha nd Mark but cc one to me as well. They will be getting so much hate mail I wouldn't be surprised if they do a mass delete and lose some good ideas along with all the flames they're sure to get.

Scott

Scott, at the drivers meeting, Mark said they already get too many calls and too many emails, and if we want them to get anything done we need to stop calling/emailing so much....I understand what they were saying, but it came across negitively, as if they said we don't have time for you....I believe this set a negitive tone for the whole weekend. Most of the meeting seemed like they were pimping themselves and telling the competitors to stop whining. Yes, there is A LOT of whining, but with no competitotors there is no UROC.
I wish they would have covered new rules and tech issues in the drivers meeting instead.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
rckcrlr said:
Scott, at the drivers meeting, Mark said they already get too many calls and too many emails, and if we want them to get anything done we need to stop calling/emailing so much....I understand what they were saying, but it came across negitively, as if they said we don't have time for you....I believe this set a negitive tone for the whole weekend. Most of the meeting seemed like they were pimping themselves and telling the competitors to stop whining. Yes, there is A LOT of whining, but with no competitotors there is no UROC.
I wish they would have covered new rules and tech issues in the drivers meeting instead.
You're not implying that the drivers meeting was useless, are you? :eek: Good thing we're required to be there or no one would go to one again. :rolleyes: Yep, they said they get way to many emails. 20, sometimes 30 per day! *gasp*

S

sukaB

They spent more time telling us what they were spending our money on instead of asking us what are concerns are......
If they cared about my life as much as the new computer scoring devices they wouldnt have self impailing rebar waiting to stick me in the chest or tried to make me roll of a 30 foot cliff.... :rolleyes: :ugh:
How about event insurance! for what we pay in entry fee's this should be the first thing takin care of...
What's really sad if any of us have a huge accident you know what your insurance company will tell you what to do if you kill some one and hurt yourself!!!! get fawked..
If you think I'm stupid I'll give you skinny's phone number as he fights all the crap with the hospital that's going to happen to him...

I so wish we would all get together and start our own rock crawling events and have nominated presidents and cabinet members and we could spend our moneys the way we want and make our rules the way we want..
Then we could at least sleep at night knowing we are not being robbed and raped as we put on the show....

This is nothing but another business venture to some...
Build it up, choke everyone out that is good, and then sell it for profit!!! It'll happen....
You watch......

redrockcrawler

earth rover 2012
sukaB said:
I so wish we would all get together and start our own rock crawling events and have nominated presidents and cabinet members and we could spend our moneys the way we want and make our rules the way we want..
Then we could at least sleep at night knowing we are not being robbed and raped as we put on the show....

QUOTE]

You can do it! :rofl:

redrockcrawler

earth rover 2012
last year i sent a survey around to most local clubs in the area and the feedback was very poor the survey was for a verywell respected party that has been in racing sports for a very long time they were looking to move some interest in to the western states but after the survey they decited to hold off maybee if i can take them some more facts about this subject they would reconcider their position this would be a very good thing for the sport please send me any subject matter that you might think is worthy to redrockscrawler1@msn.com

S

sukaB

redrockcrawler said:
sukaB said:

QUOTE]

You can do it! :rofl:

I would do whatever i had to make this happen and watch all the comps go away as we all run our events where we want how we want and put on shows for our paying sponsors and such....
I'm IN

Brett

Meat-Hippy
sukaB said:
I would do whatever i had to make this happen and watch all the comps go away as we all run our events where we want how we want and put on shows for our paying sponsors and such....
I'm IN

I'm in....as long as you all don't mind me running around in my little XJ :p