Uroc West Info?

koas4

Lost Cause
Has anyone heard anything form Uroc. I have not recieved jack in the mail and they don't return emails or answer their phone. I think tech is in barstow, is that right? Has any one payed their money yet? I can't find any info besides hotels on their website a little info would be great thanks, see you in cougar's ass!!!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
koas4 said:
Has anyone heard anything form Uroc. I have not recieved jack in the mail and they don't return emails or answer their phone. I think tech is in barstow, is that right? Has any one payed their money yet? I can't find any info besides hotels on their website a little info would be great thanks, see you in cougar's ass!!!

Nope, I don't know diddly. I hope tech is in Barstow, cuz that's where my motel reservations are.

I guess it's not just me, they're ignoring the entire non-pro group.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
koas4 said:
Have you payed your money yet?

I'm not sure, honestly--the money is coming from somewhere else, so it's sorta out of my hands. I haven't seen an entry form or anything else though, so it makes me wonder.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I haven't heard of any problems from the pro teams getting thier fees payed, so I'm sure ours is payed, or will be shortly.

UROC doesn't care about the Extreme West teams because they don't think they need them. It'll be interesting at the beginning of next year to see how they are going to get anybody to pony up those up-front entry fees again. :ugh:

koas4

Lost Cause
Holy Sh#t UROC answered their phone. The Tech insp. is going to be at the Walmart in Barstow. I was told Comp #3 is going to be in Farmington, NM sometime in the middle of July. They said they are going to update the website today ya right. I seen neighborhood softball tournaments better organized than Uroc.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
koas4 said:
Holy Sh#t UROC answered their phone. The Tech insp. is going to be at the Walmart in Barstow. I was told Comp #3 is going to be in Farmington, NM sometime in the middle of July. They said they are going to update the website today ya right. I seen neighborhood softball tournaments better organized than Uroc.
What??? July, New Mexico? First of all, that's the worst time to hold a comp in Farmington. We almost died from the heat last time. Second of all, why the hell was the July date not on the schedule on the "new improved" web site? We were looking at the dates on the new web site and there was nothing in July, so my spotter cancelled his time off (which he cannot reschedule now...). Man these UROC punks are pissing me off! Now I prolly need to find a new spotter for July (and who the hell would want to volunteer to spot in Farmington, in July?)... :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
RockMonkey said:
What??? July, New Mexico? First of all, that's the worst time to hold a comp in Farmington.

I hope you're wrong with this. The current UROC schedule (on the site as of 430pm thursday) says that the pronationals will be held in farmington during july. If they do a combined event (both extreme west and pronationals), it is going to be another long event. Judging the cedar city event was actually quite nice....only 50 some rigs made for a relatively relaxing day with the comps being finished up by 5pm or so each day (started at 11am). My obstacle finished before 4pm both days.

Once you combine both series, the number of rigs double, and now you're talking about spending all day on the course, barely any time to take a break (for anything....eating, taking a leak, water....). Not terribly fun during July in farmington. Honestly, I'm questioning whether it is worth it or not..... Takes a full day to get down there, another full day to get back....three days of comps (counting tech which I have always participated in). I'd rather go spend five days in Moab (even during July).

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
The last (and only, so far) combined event was a disaster... The web site doe not list the Extreme West as competing in July. I sure hope we aren't...

ROCKRUNNER

I to have not herd anything and i havent paid yet. the calls have not been answered and i dont know what to do is the event still going to happen? sometimes i wonder?

koas4

Lost Cause
BlackSheep said:
I hope you're wrong with this. The current UROC schedule (on the site as of 430pm thursday) says that the pronationals will be held in farmington during july. If they do a combined event (both extreme west and pronationals), it is going to be another long event. Judging the cedar city event was actually quite nice....only 50 some rigs made for a relatively relaxing day with the comps being finished up by 5pm or so each day (started at 11am). My obstacle finished before 4pm both days.

Once you combine both series, the number of rigs double, and now you're talking about spending all day on the course, barely any time to take a break (for anything....eating, taking a leak, water....). Not terribly fun during July in farmington. Honestly, I'm questioning whether it is worth it or not..... Takes a full day to get down there, another full day to get back....three days of comps (counting tech which I have always participated in). I'd rather go spend five days in Moab (even during July).

The July date is what I was told by Natalie Nayer the event director. The web site still show the 3rd & 4th events at the end of Aug. & the beginning of Sept. two weeks apart, that's a joke too. But she said "Oh, we need to change that It is going to be around middle of july in Farmington". It so Nice that they let us know about this sh#t two week before a comp. People Like RockMonkey get screwed when they can't get time off. I also asked why their is no sportman events in the west I have a friend that wanted to get in next year. She told me that the Extreme West Series was not filled up this year so their will not be sportman events in the west. If this is the case, what was up with the waiting list to be in the series. I thought someone people didn't get in this year. So can anyone run in the west series this year? I don't know it a joke!!!!!

SuperRanger

I just confirmed with Natalie,

The 3rd event will be on the original date in July (weekend after 4th of July) in Farmington. Its going to be HOT but probably not any HOTTER than Cedar City.

They need to get this info out better......

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
SuperRanger said:
I just confirmed with Natalie,

The 3rd event will be on the original date in July (weekend after 4th of July) in Farmington. Its going to be HOT but probably not any HOTTER than Cedar City.

They need to get this info out better......
Awesome. Way to go UROC. Really. Good work. :rolleyes:

:mad2:

-_-

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Okay, this whole thing pisses me off. I think we as competitors should stick together on this next year. We should all (as a group) refuse to pay any up front fees until they give us the entire year's schedule up front, including exact dates and locations.

SuperRanger

RockMonkey said:
Okay, this whole thing pisses me off. I think we as competitors should stick together on this next year. We should all (as a group) refuse to pay any up front fees until they give us the entire year's schedule up front, including exact dates and locations.

I am right there with you. If we really want to fix the problem we should let them now and not after the season is over. I will find a minute in Barstow to talk to Mark and say "Hey, I want classes, rules, purses, dates, and locations before I sign up." If a few other people tell him the same, they will think about it.

The only thing I can see that is arguable is the purses - If they told me a percentage of entry fees I would be satisfied.

Honestly, what we need to do is find out who everybody else in the series is and get e-mail addresses and phone numbers. I don't want to stage a mutiny but I would like to send a firm message to UROC that they MUST organize and communicate.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
SuperRanger said:
I am right there with you. If we really want to fix the problem we should let them now and not after the season is over. I will find a minute in Barstow to talk to Mark and say "Hey, I want classes, rules, purses, dates, and locations before I sign up." If a few other people tell him the same, they will think about it.

The only thing I can see that is arguable is the purses - If they told me a percentage of entry fees I would be satisfied.

Honestly, what we need to do is find out who everybody else in the series is and get e-mail addresses and phone numbers. I don't want to stage a mutiny but I would like to send a firm message to UROC that they MUST organize and communicate.
Yep, on all counts. ;) I know a team union has been talked about for a long time now, but it sounds like it's time to really do it. Do you guys know of anyone who has started to organize such a thing yet? If all the teams were on an e-groups or yahoo email list forum or something like that where we could all communicate that would be a good start.

SuperRanger

The biggest problem I see is that not everyone moniters the computer or would use such features. Not everyone has even filled out the team profiles on UROC.

If we organized a group such as a union we may or may not be hurting the sport. I am sure as a group we are never happy about everything. What we COULD do though is set realistic expectations as competitors.

My fiance is comming to Barstow with me, maybe I will challenge her with getting contact info for the teams while we are at the event.