UROC's Super Stock Class

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by spencurai
arent you dropping down to SS class creighton....or are you too trimmed on your body work?
Sorry, Creighton can't answer right now, he's too busy shortening his wheelbase so he can qualify for the SuperStock class in the Supercrawl. :p

creighton

They want me to do what!?
You know what sucks is that I thought it was stock +3 inches so I went stock plus 15/16 but oops I found out it is stock +2.5 I hate working on my rig.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Adjust your tie rod so it is really long for the tech inspection, causing both front wheels to be turned out. They will measure from the back of the front rim to the back of the rear rim, and since your tires are toe'd out, you should be able to get that extra 7/16ths you need.:D After tech inspection just adjust your tie rod back... Oh wait, that would be cheating, huh? 17 inch wheels on the front and 15s on the back would acheive the same results... Not your fault if they don't realize the difference and measure wrong... So, how much work is it gonna be getting it to the right length? Did you already weld it all up at the wrong length?

creighton

Yep it is welded up nice and strong. I'm thinking of loosing up the plates and winching the axles together. That should give me just enough taking out the slack around the pins and tighting it all back up. In regard to being too chopped; I have new fenders and should not need to worry about body trimming.

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
I think Andy is going to be competing in this:

heroair5.jpg

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
if we can get the bugs out of it and get a cage in it, I will be spotting and either Scott from bountiful muffler, or Andy will be piloting it...as it stands right now, we have engine trouble at idle and it needs some TLC.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
It has more problems than that, Vinnie replaced pretty much all the sensors and some relays. It needs some serious help, but I think we have a guy who can figure it out. Scott will be driving and I will be the crew. I took it over to Scotts so we can get started on the cage and stuff this weekend. I hope we make it!!!

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
Andy--what is this thing doing?? I have worked on a couple cherokees with ground problems. Grounds will make a vehicle do super crazy things. Let me know if I can help.

creighton

well thats cool. I wonder howmuch of my rear corners I can trim to be within the "Some trimming of body such as fenders and corner panels is allowed" then there is a mention of 3 inches on fender. Is 3 inches also OK for corners?

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Originally posted by creighton
well thats cool. I wonder howmuch of my rear corners I can trim to be within the "Some trimming of body such as fenders and corner panels is allowed" then there is a mention of 3 inches on fender. Is 3 inches also OK for corners?

I would say if there is any doubt call them just to be safe.