USA-ALL Services Survey

utahmike

Lobbyist \ Consultant
Now is your chance, we're asking and listening. Tell us who you are and what you expect from us!

Here is a link to a survey we have created. It is very short and well worth your time. We hope all of you will take a few minutes and participate.

Spread it around the web and send it to email lists. The more quality responses we get the better the data we will glean. We will use that data to help with future planning and serve all of you better.

Here is the link:
http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e2dumyyrfmjqfw1a/start

:D Thanks!

P.S. I would welcome the moderators help in placing this in a high vis spot where more folks could see it and hopefully participate! Thanks again.

SloPoke

Hmmmm One day survey? the link says the survey is closed!

Thank you for your willingness to participate in our survey. However this study has been completed and is now closed. (SRES_014)

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I threw in my 2 cents. But I have little faith this survey will make any difference.

I agree, could have used about a 5000 character limit to comment and not had enough space.

utahmike

Lobbyist \ Consultant
Thanks to those who have taken the time to fill out the survey, we will keep it going over the weekend and into early next week. I know the skeptics won't think I'm serious but we are absolutely paying attention to this survey and it will change some things for us. I am very glad we did it. I would really appreciate anyone’s help in posting it on other websites. Some of you claim the 4x4 position isn’t being heard, or taken seriously. Help us by sending this to your friends and other web forums so we can better hear your side and understand your needs. It will then help us shape how we move forward from here.

I am sorry about the character limit. The service we used did that. On most of them I placed the limit as high as it would allow. I f there wasn't enough space feel free to shoot me an email with your thoughts. I do read them, and we will make changes when and where we can.

You know guys... I'm not a dirt biker, I like to ATV but I generally use an ATV to take my kids on rides, and cruise mountain roads. I identify with the full-size crowd more than any other user group. I own an old '77 bronco; I have spent way too much money on her. I used to be very active in a bronco club that I helped start. I love 4x4 culture, I didn’t grow up with money but we always had an old truck we used to access the San Rafael and mountains above my home in Orangeville, Utah. People who have sat down with me understand what my personal views are on access; My personal views have sometimes differed from USA-ALL. I understand your frustration and skepticism. I really hope USA-ALL can and will serve your community better, I am confident with your help that will happen. With some constructive help from some of you we could help USA-ALL be what the 4x4 community needs, but we need help.
Is anyone interested in helping us on a few projects?

The survey feedback has already given me a few good ideas that I think many of you will like and support, I'll let you know more details soon. Let me know if you would like to help me develop and execute them.

:)Thanks again.

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Mike, I'm glad you're taking the time to put up the survey. I personally view USA-ALL, currently, as an dirtbike/ATV-focused group, and I know I'm not alone in that opinion here on RME. So it's with a great deal of optimism that I responded to your survey, and I hope that the perception changes for the better.

The access issue affects all motorized users, and I hope USA-ALL's mission can attract more 4WD users, and become the mighty juggernaut it could be. :D

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I completely agree with Tacoma,

Mike, I am cautiously optimistic, I too think that USA-ALL can be one of the greatest and most influential Land Use Groups in the country, If ran properly.

I am glad to see this survey, and you personally interested in making things better. I truly hope this makes a difference, but I hope you won't hold it against me that I wait to see action before I rejoin USA-ALL. I've heard a lot of talk, not all from you, with little action.

I am willing to help with what I can, my time is very limited with commitments to my own club, the U4WDA, and opening a new business. But let me know how I can help.

great scott

I went to USA-ALLs meeting on Tuesday. So here goes my little :greg: or :hickey: for USA-ALL. It seems most of us agree that an org like USA-ALL trying to unite all mechanized user groups as one voice, is a good idea. However some of us(myself included) have hard feelings, thinking that they rep the ATV & MC groups more then us full size guys(not referring to our waist lines :p). That certainly was not the case on the 28th. Mike along with several others talked of their preference for full size rides and trails. Mike even stated that full size routes are the most important, as they are multiple use. We need to step up and support them so they can support us. USA-ALL has the potential to make things happen, but it needs YOU!

utahmike

Lobbyist \ Consultant
The Survey has been VERY enlightening. It has showed our strengths and some glaring weaknesses or short comings. We will make some needed corrections.
USA-ALL will not be "fixed" overnight, but we are taking actual steps in the right direction. I respect the desire to hang back and see what happens. I would hope that folks don't hang back too long, the more people pitch in the quicker we can make needed changes. I am appreciative of the cautious optimism. I also am cautiously optimistic.

Scott is right about my personal feelings regarding access. The organization also shares these feelings. FULL SIZE ROADS are the single most important sources of access the public has. I hate losing any type of access but routes open to full size vehicles serve ALL and therefore are the most important. That is why there has been such a push from our organization to resolve the issue of congressionally granted rights of way (i.e. RS 2477). This is obviously a legal and highly political issue.

Areas we need help with:
1- Web update, new pages, We have a good backend guy but we need help with the front end stuff.
2- Full-size reps involved on our board or on committees
3- Newsletter production any of the following: (content, design, printing, mailing, distribution).
4- Expo \ trade shows (set up-take down, manning booths, etc)
5- Organize service projects (Off-roaders Unite clean-up, Utah Public Land Day)
6- Rally/Protest Organizer (Capitol Rally, Full-size ride Down Town SLC, picket SUWA offices)
7- Help lobbying during session
8- Lots of others...

We will take any time you have, even if it is only a few hours per MONTH. We won't throw you into these projects blind or without help; we can supply you with resources and help to get the job done. If you’re interested don't just post it here. Give me a call and we can discuss options further. My cell number is 801-830-9112.

Thanks Again.