Use of a garage?

Badger

I am the Brute squad
So recently I did a job for a friend that got me a deal I couldn't refuse. I was paid a 1998 Jeep GC 5.9 and a lift was ordered for it. Now I have one problem the lift has come in and I need a place and possibly a hand getting it put on. Was wondering if anybody was willing to lend me a space to get it done in. I really don;t want to be doing it outside on a stone driveway, never turns out fun.

IMG_20121108_161751.jpg

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
You lucky sh*t.... wish I had a garage to help you out... but I am going to be in the same boat soon... my lift will be here sometime next week...

Badger

I am the Brute squad
The web site says 8 to 9 hours but I'm thinking it will be a bit less,hopefully. It's not the best lift out there but for the price one can't complain. It's a Rough Country long arm and it will at least get me back out on the trail. I won't know till after the weekend. Everything is at his house and I would like to finish the roof that I had to reshingle if it doesn't rain this weekend. I was hoping next weekend I can get it done.

I might just have to take you up on the offer Dan I'll let you know later in the weekend

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Well ya it was supposed to this weekend but the jerk ran off to Colorado. The only other thing I need to scratch up is a 242 from a 96 or newer Jeep. I know Derek has a line up on one I just need to see if the guy will take $100 for it. If so I would like to change out the 249 at the same time since it will be easier since the cross member will already be off.

Last edited:

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Nice Badger, glad to see you looking for the trail again!

Ya it will be nice to be able to hit the trail in my own rig again. It will still need some minor work here and there to make it nice again. It's missing things like the 5.9 grill(not that it matters just nice to have), bumpers, cb or race radio, tires, etc ,etc.....

Good news is I got the rest of the roof done so that's off my shoulders.

gertsch

All I have is a driveway and tools but I installed the same lift on my grand last February in the snow. The hardest part was installing the rear brackets.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Thanks Bart. It's not going to be as extreme as the last rig though. Just enough to get around, 35's at most but most likely starting off with some 32's or something close to it.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Well thanks to Dan it is on and almost done. I still need to do things like the swaybar quick discos and relocate the brake line brackets, you know little nic nac crap.

IMG_20121208_203440.jpg